• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Klipsch Headphone Amplifier drivers unsigned, could someone help me out as a not much of a fiddler with software?

PSKTNML

Hi there everyone!

So I got a good deal on this headphone amplifier and Klipsch is providing the XMOS driver on their website, which is unfortunately unsigned. I would love to have a XMOS driver as a producer but Windows 11 will not be using those drivers.

I've been investigating this "signing drivers yourself" topic and first I thought that "oh, it's just opening terminal and using few SDKEnv signdriver commands" but it always escalates to me downloading Visual Studio and banging my head and hardware to the wall. Also Thesycon evaluation drivers I've gotten from them but I cannot get my head around the whole process.

So, my question is: has anyone here signed XMOS drivers by themselves to their DACs/AIOs? The AIO uses ES9018K2M ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC section with XMOS chip (drivers provided by the Klipsch are 3.20.0 if I remember right.

Also, contacted XMOS, Klipsch etc. but Klipsch says that "these are the drivers we have" and others tell me to contact Klipsch, so I'm a bit in a jam here. Klipsch only would need to sign those drivers, not to create new ones but oh well...

Thanks anyways for reading this and if you have time to give me some kind of easy step-to-step tutorial how to get some XMOS drivers working with Windows 11 with this product, I'll be forever grateful to you.

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
You shouldn't have to be doing this as an end-user, but as it is you're stuck without either a chicken or an egg between a rock and hard place now.

You can try starting with driver signature enforcement disabled, install the driver and see whether it persists.

BTW, driver signing has been a thing since Windows 7 64-bit or so, and something with an ES9018K2M can't exactly be antique, so that's clearly a fail on Klipsch's part or whoever prepared the driver for them.

OP
P

PSKTNML

You shouldn't have to be doing this as an end-user, but as it is you're stuck without either a chicken or an egg between a rock and hard place now.

You can try starting with driver signature enforcement disabled, install the driver and see whether it persists.

BTW, driver signing has been a thing since Windows 7 64-bit or so, and something with an ES9018K2M can't exactly be antique, so that's clearly a fail on Klipsch's part or whoever prepared the driver for them.
Sure as hell I do agree you! Thanks for your answer. There's just this another thing that I'm pretty keen with my computer's security so oh well, I think that this was it if there is no other answerers left. I wouldn't gladly start booting in in enforcement disabled. Klipsch was really surprise for me too for the absence of will to just get their drivers signed because there's a lots of comments about the same thing even on their product page. Maybe it was a niche product but still, don't make one if you don't have that much interest towards it. Thanks anyways, I'll be trying and reporting.

OP
P

PSKTNML

Sorry for popping this up back but I've been researching my problem with XMOS drivers that are "the only ones we have" (c) Klipsch. So, only thing is that those XMOS drivers are signed but the signature is already out of date. I agree that Microsoft provides good drivers for listening music, nothing huge there. Still, I was baffled that I cannot get drivers provided from company like Klipsch while there's so many quite small companies who still try to get most of their equipment with frequent driver updates.

So, only two options are on the table if you want to use Klipsch's "only drivers they have to provide" (even if they could just update their signing on the drivers, phew): A) you use your product without control panel (for example buffers etc.) and just use what Windows provides after you have fixed the DFU warning in the device manager B) you have to disable Secure Boot from your BIOS and only after that it's possible to use the option seven in boot options to disable Signature Enforcement, install drivers and use them.

I got them working like that but while being pretty precise about my security options while using Windows, I just had to swallow my XMOS fantasies and continue using the Microsoft drivers and they are good for listening music don't get me wrong, for music production and well, using the options I should have in my hands when having this product on my table, they are not available.

Just to inform people who are about to buy this product and use it under Windows 11 with Secure Boot enabled which I guess is required to install it in the first place (don't know about earlier Windows versions).

Top Bottom