• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEFLS60 versus D&D8C

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I thought I would write a few words about the KEF LS60s paired with 2x KC62 subwoofers and the Dutch&Dutch 8Cs, for no better reason then they are both set up in front of me at this very moment,

You can expect:-
Nothing you don’t already know,
There will be a wish washy review with no firm conclusions and ending with me stating that they are both really mine loudspeakers.
‘There will be no surprise denouement ( so don’t get your hopes up)
Veils will not be lifted
The comparison will be totally un scientific with perhaps just the merest nod to level matching.
At some point I will wistfully regret not having access to the Harman ‘shuffler’.
Price for the two combinations is around the same.
If you use the 8Cs in ‘Roon Ready’ mode both systems are really super convenient, literally open Roon choose which speaker is going to play ( or both at the same time if you like) choose Madge’s greatest hits and press play.
The 8Cs are on the Mesanovic isolators for no other reason than they just lift the speakers slightly closer to my ear height.

Next thrilling chapter to follow:-
Keith

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
I thought I would write a few words about the KEF LS60s paired with 2x KC62 subwoofers and the Dutch&Dutch 8Cs, for no better reason then they are both set up in front of me at this very moment,

You can expect:-
Nothing you don’t already know,
There will be a wish washy review with no firm conclusions and ending with me stating that they are both really mine loudspeakers.
‘There will be no surprise denouement ( so don’t get your hopes up)
Veils will not be lifted
The comparison will be totally un scientific with perhaps just the merest nod to level matching.
At some point I will wistfully regret not having access to the Harman ‘shuffler’.
Price for the two combinations is around the same.
If you use the 8Cs in ‘Roon Ready’ mode both systems are really super convenient, literally open Roon choose which speaker is going to play ( or both at the same time if you like) choose Madge’s greatest hits and press play.
The 8Cs are on the Mesanovic isolators for no other reason than they just lift the speakers slightly closer to my ear height.

Next thrilling chapter to follow:-
Keith
Are you sure you are doing the LS60 a favor when pairing them with the (small) KC62?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I take your point and in a larger room than mine 5x7m but only sitting 3metres away I don’t think there is an issue.
When the Sigberg Audio ‘Mantas’ arrive we can try their dual D10 subs with the KEFs
Keith

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
I take your point and in a larger room than mine 5x7m but only sitting 3metres away I don’t think there is an issue.
When the Sigberg Audio ‘Mantas’ arrive we can try their dual D10 subs with the KEFs
Keith
I am just saying check it (eg with REW) I am not 100% certain either.

a) the LS60 almost „combines“ two KC62 in one speaker already so why not using the LS60 4 woofers instead of the KC62s two.
b) I once tried the KC62 with me Reference 3 and it made the bass response worse as confirmed by REW (80Hz xover). (And I bought KF92 instead, actually 2).

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The LS60’s have built in sub integration options, all of the KEF range and then the ‘custom’ mode, I have up to now just been following KEFs suggestion which appears ( by ear ) to be pretty reasonable in my room when say compared to the Dutch&Dutch 8Cs which have been measured REW and filters implemented.
Keith

Top Bottom