• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JM Audio XTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Thanks for that. To make assumptions without actually listening or testing gear seems disingenuous and antithetical to the scientific process.

I'm going to make a new car wheel that is shaped like an isosceles triangle.

Any thoughts on how well it might work?

Do I need testing gear to give an opinion?

Enthusiasm is great, but here we are more about understanding what is going on than perpetuating or encouraging nonsense.

OP
Z

Zoide

I'm going to make a new car wheel that is shaped like an isosceles triangle.

Any thoughts on how well it might work?

Do I need testing gear to give an opinion?

Enthusiasm is great, but here we are more about understanding what is going on than perpetuating or encouraging nonsense.
Did you not read my previous post?

I would expect better from a moderator.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Let's just please avoid the combative part and try to be more constructive. ;)

We aren't going to let silly stuff get posted without being challenged. Letting it go isn't being constructive, nor is it why we are here.

This isn't where storytime gets much traction.

Did you not read my previous post?

I certainly did, but that's doesn't mean we aren't going to challenge nonsense. This is ASR.

I would expect better from a moderator.

It's hard to find good help these days.

Last edited:

DarkSnow

IMG_1771.jpeg
IMG_1769.jpeg
JM AUDIO EDITIONS - XTC OPEN BACK - DETAILED YET WARM TUNING

I received my open back xtc - detailed yet warm tuning today, with 4 pin xlr. I was used to the mm500 audeze, this was my daily driver since October last year. So I know how they sound. In the package there were 3 replacement ear pads which is really neat, but I think I will not need them anywhere soon, maybe I can reorder just the pads if I I ever need a pair , don’t know. I need to admit that my mm500 sounded in comparison tinny and smearing and not just as clear, and precise, in first listening they brought tears to my eyes, it was an incredible experience. I never expected to get such a high quality product for only 800 euros, I swear these must be one of the best headphones in the world and they even have beaten my mm500 with a fair amount. I will use them for producing music and DJing- drum and bass music.

Edit: at first hand I thought to let them measured by oratory but this isn’t necessary at all cause eq will always introduce a distorted perception of the headphones clarity.

Edit 2:
They go down to 10hz all the way up to 20 kHz

Thank you John you are the man.

OP
Z

Zoide

in first listening they brought tears to my eyes, it was an incredible experience. [...] I swear these must be one of the best headphones in the world
[...]
at first hand I thought to let them measured by oratory but this isn’t necessary at all cause eq will always introduce a distorted perception of the headphones clarity.
Thanks for sharing! It's nice to see so much enthusiasm for new audio equipment.

That being said, please keep in mind that this is a forum where objectivity should be first and foremost. Literally calling something the best in the world and ruling out measurements and EQ will not get you a very warm welcome here... ;)

BTW, EQ should not "distort the headphones' clarity" unless there's something seriously wrong with them.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 284862View attachment 284863JM AUDIO EDITIONS - XTC OPEN BACK - DETAILED YET WARM TUNING

I received my open back xtc - detailed yet warm tuning today, with 4 pin xlr. I was used to the mm500 audeze, this was my daily driver since October last year. So I know how they sound. In the package there were 3 replacement ear pads which is really neat, but I think I will not need them anywhere soon, maybe I can reorder just the pads if I I ever need a pair , don’t know. I need to admit that my mm500 sounded in comparison tinny and smearing and not just as clear, and precise, in first listening they brought tears to my eyes, it was an incredible experience. I never expected to get such a high quality product for only 800 euros, I swear these must be one of the best headphones in the world and they even have beaten my mm500 with a fair amount. I will use them for producing music and DJing- drum and bass music.

Edit: at first hand I thought to let them measured by oratory but this isn’t necessary at all cause eq will always introduce a distorted perception of the headphones clarity.

Edit 2:
They go down to 10hz all the way up to 20 kHz

Thank you John you are the man.

Textbook scenario for sighted cognitive bias. Boutique, artisanal headphones manufactured by a single charismatic person with haphazard, capricious, imprecise techniques must have more attention and higher performance than evidence-based engineering. Classic, and erroneous equivalence.

DarkSnow

Thanks for sharing! It's nice to see so much enthusiasm for new audio equipment.

That being said, please keep in mind that this is a forum where objectivity should be first and foremost. Literally calling something the best in the world and ruling out measurements and EQ will not get you a very warm welcome here... ;)

BTW, EQ should not "distort the headphones' clarity" unless there's something seriously wrong with them.
Textbook scenario for sighted cognitive bias. Boutique, artisanal headphones manufactured by a single charismatic person with haphazard, capricious, imprecise techniques must have more attention and higher performance than evidence-based engineering. Classic, and erroneous equivalence.
You just hide ur mindset behind complicated words, I would suggest a ban

DarkSnow

It sounds clearly better than my mm500. Amir refused to measure them, as John said. In the end the measurements will lead u nowhere because that is distorted perception, science is human invented never forget this.

oppie

2023 and not one measurement on their site and instead blatant ads on reddit, facebook, headfi etc.

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
You just hide ur mindset behind complicated words, I would suggest a ban

Maybe you could try harder to understand them.

In the end the measurements will lead u nowhere because that is distorted perception, science is human invented never forget this.

:facepalm:

Oh boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom