• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL S38 and S Center II opinion

pollock0424

Hello,
I'm looking at these speakers to finish off my HT. I'm using Thiel 1.5s for my surrounds and JBL L20T for the rear surrounds. I would like to get a pair of speakers that could be mounted onto the wall for my surrounds. What do you think? Can I get something better at this price point?
1000005116.jpg

Blender

I used these speakers (S38 II, actually) to summon the police on multiple occasions, back in college. I still have them to hand down to my daughter for her to do the same. They sound great especially if you can EQ them.

OP
P

pollock0424

I used these speakers (S38 II, actually) to summon the police on multiple occasions, back in college. I still have them to hand down to my daughter for her to do the same. They sound great especially if you can EQ them.
Is the EQ needed in the LF area?

Blender

Every speaker benefits from EQ and room correction. These are 25-year-old used budget consumer speakers selling 50% off the clearance price. When I last used mine, 15 years ago, they sounded great. I didn’t measure them or try to EQ them, because I didn’t have the means to nor did I care enough about making them perfect.

Top Bottom