• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL Intonato 24 + Desktop Controller + solderless DB25 plugs: $2750 + shipping

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Intonato+Cont+mic front.jpeg

Highlights:
  • 24 channel inputs (balanced analog or AES digital)
  • 24 channel out outputs (balanced analog)
  • 256 channel Harman Blu-Link digital-over-network-cable I/O
  • Built in equalization for JBL M2, 708i, 705i others
  • 12 global bands PEQ "room correction" per speaker
  • 8 additional bands of PEQ per per speaker
  • Variable Audio/Video Sync delay allows compensation for video display latency
  • Automatic calibration with microphone (NOT designed to calibrate multiple subwoofers as a single unit)
  • Desktop Controller runs on Power over Ethernet (PoE) so only requires 1 cable
  • A/D Converter: 24-bit, rated 114 dB A-weighted dynamic range
  • D/A Converter: 24-bit, rated 115 dB A-weighted dynamic range
For full specs see here: https://jblpro.com/products/intonato-24

Provenance: I’m the second owner. I purchased it from an Academy Award winning engineer who swapped it out for, I believe, Trinnov. I’ve tested the Intonato24 but have not used it, because JBL’s macOS controller software is broken and there’s no sign fixing it is any priority. The ability to control my system directly from a Mac instead of relying on something else to use Harman Audio Architect to control the DSP in my processor-amps was my sole reason for buying this component.

Condition: I'm going to call it 7/10 on the Audiogon scale because there is some minor rack rash on the front corners and rear of the chassis. Please see pictures below.

Included: JBL Intonato 24 controller, JBL Desktop Controller, JBL RTA-1 calibration microphone, 4 (2M/2F) new (1 each opened, 1 each still in sealed box) Phoenix Contact solderless DB25 plugs, made in Germany, for 16-channel I/O. Note that the DB25 plugs alone are $300+ from, e.g. Mouser or Newark (models SUBCON 25/F-SH and SUBCON 25/M-SH). I have used these plugs previously, and they are excellent. They easily accommodate an 8-core Mogami or Canare bulk snake cable.

Not included: PoE injector for the Desktop Controller - the Desktop Controller does not come with one as stock, and to verify functionality as I did below I had to temporarily remove one from a security camera. This one (or a previous version) was used for my function tests. There are presumably both cheaper and more expensive ones. See Desktop Controller manual, at 6, for information about PoE injector requirements and some recommended parts.

Price: $2750 plus shipping from Chicago, IL, 60607.
Current MSRP is $3599 for Intonato24 and $959 for its Desktop Controller
I will not sell the processor without the Desktop Controller, though I may entertain very good offers for the Desktop Controller alone.

Photos:
Front, powered on:
Intonato on.jpeg

Back:
Intonanto back.jpeg

Desktop Controller, connected:
Intonato Controller on.jpeg

Windows control app, connected:
Intonato app screenshot.png

Phoenix Contact solderless DB25 connectors:
Phoenix Contact DB25 all.jpeg

Others:
Intonato R rack ear.jpegIntonato R side.jpegIntonato top.jpeg

OP
jhaider

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Controller sold. Price for Intonato 24 unit commensurately reduced to $2300.

OP
jhaider

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sold - and of course the literal day the buyer received it JBL finally released modernized Intonato control software that run on macOS versions released this decade....

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ug, I feel your pain.

Top Bottom