• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

J99 TWS bluetooth "somethings"

Ardacer

So I was buying cheap class D amps from aliexpress for my projects, and this thing pops up.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004617237302.html (I have no affiliation with aliexpress or with tws or j99 or whatever)

lG7rYZs.jpg

GxtSbg9.jpg

It looked interesting, reasonably well built, magnets snap them into box, costs nothing, blocks no outside noise (for outside use and traffic safety), so it peaked my interest.
I can't wear in ears (including ciems) due to some autistic traits I have (I'm not joking - I'm not autistic, but I do have some of such traits - I can't wear watches, if I could I'd be naked all the time, I can't wear any jewelry of any sorts either, just my wedding ring - I hate it but I love my wife more, socks and underwear irritates me, all skin contact with materials does). This doesn't go in ear, it just rests on it, exactly like glasses would. I tried using adidas/sennheiser running earbuds and earphones, those hurt me too and have a wire etc. Bone conduction sound like shit and there's no stereo.

7FX1yHr.jpg

I expected these to sound like shit, and they did. And here is why.

WYJvjLd.jpg

So with a little bit of eq in my samsung

0ZSoNB0.jpg

jWs268I.jpg

It now sounds... actually quite solid :O
The difference eq does here is enormous. They are completely unusable without it, but with it, for 10-15 usd you pay for that..
They sound like smaller logitech bookshelves. Give or take. Probably a bit better imo.

Well, I have no idea if something of higher quality and similar price point exists (I had no interest in such things).
This is definatelly NOT audiophile grade. No way. But it's quite solid (with EQ), it will serve it's purpose.
And I mean SOLID. It's not a distortion fuckfest. It's really good.

Hope this info helps someone.
(Edit - redone the eq and updated it, if you raise the 250 and 500 bars a bit it will start clipping, this works just fine)

Last edited:

ciphersurfer

This is a really good review. I registered just to thank you haha. How well do the ear-hooks work? I've already got a pair of Bluetooth earbuds which I use for running but they come loose no matter what size of those rubber buds I use and I need to keep shoving them in uncomfortably tight. Since these are so cheap I'm wondering if the hooks are well-designed or if they'll also fall off during a run.

Top Bottom