• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

is there music you can hit PLAY on track 1 and just let it roll?

Dogen

Forum Donor
Max Richter’s 8-hour “ambient classical” recording “Sleep.” It’s written to be played all night, and supposedly is aligned with the stages of sleep.

Spotify and Apple Music.

boswell

I actually always still listen to the whole album, a habit from buying vinyl in the 60's, as I had paid for the music as a teenager I was going to get value, I certainly rued some choices I made as it was expensive when a student, I guess I wore the needle out on the favoured albums and that was another reason as I only dropped the needle on the lead in track to the album not trying to find the gap between tracks, this lead to conflict with others on occasion..., when cassettes came along just the same maybe laziness was involved, ...when cd's happened with no scratches or snap crackle pop, I gave the artist a chance for good or bad and maybe laziness ...
btw my music is now on a NAS and I access by FOLDER organised alphabetically ARTIST then ALBUM, have no interest in metadata; only the sounds and play the whole album, I look forward to and listen more intently to the good bits...

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I love Rush's Grace Under Pressure, in any random order to boot. Likewise Boston's debut album. Yes' Tales From Topographic Oceans (probably not in random order, and for road trips much more than home. Gee there's a LOT of albums I like the whole thing. Todd Rundgren's Utopia. Metallic Death Magnetic. Yes Thick As A Brick ha ha and while we're at it Tubular Bells. Black Mass Lucifer is always fascinating. Vangelis' El Greco. I guess I would take this thread as "albums I would rarely if ever punch out of to stream something else" which is still a lot of albums.

Top Bottom