• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

is the audio world turning into a meme?

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
almost posted this to the ugliest component thread, but a whole other question crossed my mind after i took a better look at the meter scales :facepalm:

Yin-Yang_YY-1.jpg

i mean, it clearly worked with Shiit, but do we really need/want such, imho - idiocy?

and btw, since when is sex<fun?
(sarcasm on) sure, i've never gotten married, but anyway?(sarcasm off):p

valerianf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Similar to the gigantic BMW front facia: designed for the Chinese market.

ShadowFiend

Aside from the meter scales, I see this front design pretty creative, much better than the other plain boring stuff in the market. A product need to differentiate itself with its competitors.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
For a company called AutioZen, it's strange that in the enjoyment meter the lowest mark is "zen" :facepalm:. Nor do I understand sex being second for that matter ;)

The backside is rather mundane though:
Yin_Rear-1.jpg

Why do they specify a maximum impedance? That does not really make any sense.

And not distortion spec... very suspect.

And what's up with the dual transformer shit? Were they too cheap to make a custom dual output transformer?

0bs3rv3r

For a company called AutioZen, it's strange that in the enjoyment meter the lowest mark is "zen" :facepalm:.

And not distortion spec... very suspect.

The two things go together. It's only Zen (decently low distortion) and low volumes.

wwenze

Major Contributor
Problem with that design is, since each of them is a monoblock, wouldn't the sound coming from the "Yin" amp be too dark, while the sound coming from the "Yang" amp be too bright?

TLEDDY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Tongue in cheek with climax, perhaps?

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Speaker impedance up to 16 ohm.

That makes a lot of sense to me. :facepalm:
Bit bizarre, I agree, but as the amp is 200 watts into 8 ohms and 400 watts into 4 ohms, that implies that it'll be only 100 watts into 16 ohms, so any impedance higher than 16 ohms would result in what they consider to be an unacceptably low power.
Perhaps!
S.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Bit bizarre, I agree, but as the amp is 200 watts into 8 ohms and 400 watts into 4 ohms, that implies that it'll be only 100 watts into 16 ohms, so any impedance higher than 16 ohms would result in what they consider to be an unacceptably low power.
Perhaps!
S.

So lets try with 1 ohm? ;)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
almost posted this to the ugliest component thread, but a whole other question crossed my mind after i took a better look at the meter scales :facepalm:

Yin-Yang_YY-1.jpg

i mean, it clearly worked with Shiit, but do we really need/want such, imho - idiocy?

and btw, since when is sex<fun?
(sarcasm on) sure, i've never gotten married, but anyway?(sarcasm off):p
So -- I guess the burning question is this:
When listening to the US Capitol stereo mixes of the Beatles' early recordings, does one put the vocals in the Yin or the Yang channel?

OP
bloodshoteyed

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
yang for normal listening , yin for when you're searching for the hidden devil worshiping lyrics while running the tracks in reverse?

Top Bottom