• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

iPhone 15 USB-C to Toslink w/charging

Cwinesette

Hey everyone. First time posting here. I’ve tried to search the forum but continue to get an “oops” error.

I’m installing a Minidsp 8x12dl in car next weekend. I’m trying to find the best way to go from the USB-C of the iPhone to Toslink into the Minidsp while still being able to charge my iPhone. Is this even possible?

One device that I’ve found is this Cubilux USB C to SPDIF Adapter with PD Charging,USB Type C to Toslink Optical Audio linked here.

Is this the right device for what I’m doing or is there a better way. The device will be up in the front with me and I’ll run a 10’ Toslink cable to the trunk to connect to the Minidsp.

Any help/suggestions would be great!

staticV3

Master Contributor
That is the right kind of device and should be compatible, now that the iPhone switched to Type-C.

However, USB accessories on the iPhone have always been a finicky affair with lots of incompatible combinations, so I'd definitely order from Amazon for easy return in case it doesn't work.

G|force

Forum Donor
The only sure way I can think of is to use the Apple A/V adapter dongle >HDMI out>Monoprice HDMI audio extractor>Toslink out>MiniDSP
You would also need a 12V>5V buck converter for the extractor.

OP
C

Cwinesette

The only sure way I can think of is to use the Apple A/V adapter dongle >HDMI out>Monoprice HDMI audio extractor>Toslink out>MiniDSP
You would also need a 12V>5V buck converter for the extractor.
Are you able to point me to a few specific pieces of hardware to do this?

Top Bottom