• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

introducing myself & Q about my need of an DSD capable DAC/Amp

Lewis Jordan

I will be reviewing a QS DAP/DAC/Amp, the newest 2 ver on Head Fi in about a month.
The 1 version is as good & ~ 700 vs 1200.
The thing is there may not be a better Non Dap unit, portable.
What do you all think?

Introduction , soon.
I am om HeadFi. as skwoodwiva

OP
L

Lewis Jordan

Well folks, I will be getting a some what damaged Phone, a Meizu 7 + or the like & a
Schiit Audio Magni 2 or 3 Headphone Amplifier!

Yes it is a big as the font, lol.

All for cheap.
Then the review will give me a better perspective.

OP
L

Lewis Jordan

Just search skwoodwiva at Head Fi for my profile info.

I discovered i was an audiophile at age 16. I had a l Thorens® Turntable & the SME tonearm, several cartaridges , Hafler kit amp , a STP fluid dampner-DIY. 100s of DDs all by the time I was 18. It when on for years then I got Married.

I enjoyed what i could tolerate for 14 years then change of life, Divorce. Yet lack of clean audio had nothing to do with the divorce motivation.

It did not take long to buy a close out Sony ES system, SOTA 1994, 2 TAn90ES, matching towers ss7. The Dvps7000 transport, a tube DAC..::::

I would estimate 22k $ retail for 7k of close out equipment

Again another relationship and all was given up/ sold with little regret.

I am 61 now and this 17 year relationship is ending.

I am collecting the finest equipment all over again yet downsizing it greatly for a solitary single life in LA.
I just ordered an LG V30 for 60.00 to go with a P7 BW PHONES 260.00, a pair of CBS Transaudio studio monitors , these i found at a local speaker shop for 400.00 , 2 Niles 300 Watt amp for parts- the AB 50 WATT fully descrete boards a biasable to run class A for biamping the monitors. I have 3 OTG android phones as download engines to add to my 2 TBs of mostly stereo DSD files. I never let my Kimber wires go lol.

Nutty, you got it! Observe here, a relationship to a Woman is not possible while in Audiophile mode....

I am a scrounge extraordinaire
I have a Shuttle Xp PC, 3 Mac PRO 2011, A1277 or so stellar for my needs (coffee table pillar legs extraordinaire, 10 + 500GB or larger SATA drives, oodooles of non activated phones- all these above items were bought for scrap prices.
Maybe 300.00 sans the v30 & the CBS monitors and headphones , yet including an ACD 19” & and a Princeton TEKTRONIX like Monitor

The iPhone X is such amazing phone/PC with horsepower to run many assessability Siri & more importantly text input read back as well as dictation of text to post. But no music player it is ;(

Last edited:
Top Bottom