• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IEM Frequency Response Reading and EQ

Cheesymango1245

Hi audio peeps,

I’ve recently been enlightened (or been enslaved) by Sharur’s youtube videos and wanted to EQ my apple airpods pros 2 to the Harman 2019 IE target. I’ve been told to auto EQ the pro 2s to harman below 6k but I have no clue how to manually EQ above 6k. I have 2 questions:

1) How do I tell if something is getting objectively louder or just getting higher in frequency so I think its getting louder in tone generator

2) How what do the 3 columns mean on the EQ section (Frequency, Gain and Q) and what are some things I should know beforehand before EQing treble, (eg. if I EQ at 8khz, how does that effect the area around it like at 7.5khz and 8.5khz and if it does, how do I compensate for it)

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Hi Cheesymango1245,

The best place to start for adding eq to your AirPod Pros is to first establish your personal hearing test results. You can use this app to test your hearing and the app will produce a personalized hearing eq filter that can be imported into the AirPod Pros and automatically adjust the eq to more accurately suit your personal hearing profile. Then I would suggest that you try this new eq setup and test drive them for a while and see how they sound once they are customized to your hearing range. You can add additional adjustments once you have them adjusted to your hearing.

Welcome Aboard and remember to just enjoy the music along the way.

Top Bottom