• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How can we make Audio Science Review Forum #1

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor

You need to update them Bob.

Gearslutz is only worth $599000 after update.

Avs: $1,473,768.00

audiocircle: $115,603.20

wow Steve Hoffman went from $208000 to $453,237.12 in the last 2 years!!

Audioholics: $276,454.08

Last edited:

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Bob,

The value is simply a calculation based on traffic stats. The higher the traffic, the higher the value.

30C on the island today?? Wowsers I hope that warm front blows our way :) Forecast says 21 without a cloud in the sky here on Friday :)

Yes, it was exactly 29.55° Celsius on my deck, about one hour ago. It is now exactly 27.80° Celsius.

* I checked some of them values just for the fun of it; AudioScienceReview's one of the main philosophy: Fun for Happy people. :)
{I have several more to check; I must be registered @ over fifty audio/video forums; but some I hardly visit...just not enough time.}

NorthSky

Major Contributor
You need to update them Bob.
Gearslutz is only worth $599000 after update.
Avs: $1,473,768.00
audiocircle: $115,603.20
wow Steve Hoffman went from $208000 to $453,237.12 in the last 2 years!!
Audioholics: $276,454.08

Oh I see now; it might take up to 60 seconds...just found that update click button. Thx

Last edited:

Dynamix

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What I'd like to know are why there are no audio forums called "thinskinned.com" or "butthurt.com". Seems like the perfect names, a veritable goldmine.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks for the sentiment guys. As someone mentioned, growing the forum is good for everyone in the way it will provide diverse views and content.

As for those web sites, they don't have much value in specialized fields like audio. The reason being that you can get sponsorships to pay far, far more than market value for online ads for such forums. Those valuation sites don't know that so they just put value purely on amount of traffic they think a site has. Even on that front their stats are quite wrong for most sites that are too small for random sampling that is done to get their traffic.

By the way, content and by that I mean movies and music are far more important than hardware.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Perhaps Myles and Peter had a falling out since his profile on the 'flame free forum' says guest. I wonder what it is about being involved in audio that means that grown men can't seem to get along.

One of them got paid off more than the other maybe?

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Wow my website's already worth $68.90. I wonder if I should try to cash in on some big name pop up ad's. Perhaps pills for erectile dysfunction, balding, sweater vests, and other stuff today's audiophiles would be interested in.

http://www.netvaluator.com/www/miveraaudio.com

NorthSky

Major Contributor
They have plastic women now in Japan that are life-like, with synthetic skin. Maybe it's good advertising for DACs and all? :D

Mike, yours is a blog, not your regular audio forum, and how many members are subscribed?

* I just checked; nine? ... http://www.miveraaudio.com/#!mivera-audio-forum/ycs0u

And why do I have to log in each time? I never remember my password, I must have few hundreds of those.

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Wow my website's already worth $68.90. I wonder if I should try to cash in on some big name pop up ad's. Perhaps pills for erectile dysfunction, balding, sweater vests, and other stuff today's audiophiles would be interested in.

http://www.netvaluator.com/www/miveraaudio.com
The difference is that you made it on Alex's rating and our forum has not. And that is because you have hundreds of links from us to your site whereas comparatively we don't have as many pointing back to us.

A great way to grow this forum is to link to good articles you see here on other forums and/or facebook.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
They have plastic women now in Japan that are life-like, with synthetic skin. Maybe it's good advertising for DACs and all? :D

Mike, yours is a blog, not your regular audio forum, and how many members are subscribed?

* I just checked; nine? ... http://www.miveraaudio.com/#!mivera-audio-forum/ycs0u

And why do I have to log in each time? I never remember my password, I must have few hundreds of those.

It's just a free forum I added to the website. If I want to pay them over $100 a month I can make it better. You have to just save the password and login info. But it doesn't have the auto login feature.

I think there's only 10 people or so who signed up

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
The difference is that you made it on Alex's rating and our forum has not. And that is because you have hundreds of links from us to your site whereas comparatively we don't have as many pointing back to us.

A great way to grow this forum is to link to good articles you see here on other forums and/or facebook.

My primary traffic is coming from my signature on Diyaudio. Around 30% from Google, and 10% from here.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
- Ok, 10 members (I counted 9).
- Yeah the forum is different, each time you log in they ask for your username and password through the company for that free forum.
- I've heard $30/month to start your own forum/site, but I also read $1,000/month for something more substantial.
- Any forum without advertising is serious in my book, and then the people in that forum.
- I like what Amir just said above; it makes total sense.
- We're all people, human beings with a heart pumping blood in our veins, and with a brain above our head.
- The respect of the human race is number one fundamental value to me, and with everything surrounding it.
- There are no prediction/predicament as to the movement of the human ocean, it goes with nature.
- I said the above because the human race has little control on its destiny, it is simply too weak, attracted by its own material creations.
- A good forum, as in a good company, to be successful takes a good leader first, then the support of his team.
- To make audiosciencereview successful depends on the positive energy given by the main core; its leader and his associated team (us).
- ASR has already a good leader, no doubt, and it has also a good core of forum members, no doubt.
- ASR has already in place what it takes to become successful.
- The small perturbations occasionally are part of that challenge; no animosity, no disrespect, no personal feeling, no past grudges, ...
- Each person is as important as its leader. No expectation, only appreciation of each and everyone.
- It's not easy living as a team, as a community, as a society; and no one has ever said the opposite.
- It takes courage and real heart to climb that ladder of true success; and it's not an illusion, it's real from the true inside.
- We live in a financial system where we become slave of money, personal possessions, where wealth is the gauge of success and prestige.
- This is us, where we live, what we built, and still building, because we believe in our system.
- ASR will become successful because of the people, because of all of us because of its leader.
- More people are going to join, the exposure is going to expand. This is no bull, this is audio science frontier.
- And it's more than that; it's also exploration of all things life ... entertainment, pushing the limits, the envelope of music and film satisfaction.
- It's a way of living happier, acquiring more knowledge, and better living among ourselves with everything we represent, we believe in.
- This, is what I believe in. ...One day @ a time, slowly but solidly.

MadMan

I seems as if someone is jealous, and also stupidly puts stock into some random 'website valuation' metric.

Top Bottom