• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

High frecuencies

Benatalaya

hello. Web all know that with age we lose hearing especially in high frequencies.How do you solve this problems?.Are there amplifiers that are brighter than others?Do you have a solution? Thanks you very much.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Isn't that what a hearing aid is for?

Otherwise, use EQ.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
There are on line hearing tests, might be worth trying to at least give you an idea of your thresholds, fortunately most musical content is not at the frequency extremities .
Keith

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
honestly, unless your hearing has gotten unusually bad with age and you can't hear below 12khz or something you probably don't need to worry about it. I can only hear up to about 14khz but I don't do anything to boost frequencies above that in my system and I don't note any drop in high frequency impact even with tracks that I"m very familiar with and that I know have a lot of HF energy.

D

Deleted member 21219

hello. Web all know that with age we lose hearing especially in high frequencies.How do you solve this problems?.Are there amplifiers that are brighter than others?Do you have a solution? Thanks you very much.

If the hearing loss is so severe that you realize there is information on a recording that is lost, the advice that @voodooless gave is correct; get hearing devices. However, up to a certain (initial) level of loss, our brain adapts. Therefore, compensation would be "abnormal" compared to the sounds that out brain hears everyday.

As one of the "youth-challenged" members here, I use live music as a threshold indicator. If I experience no trouble enjoying a live performance, then I don't worry about enjoying the recorded performance.

Jim

Top Bottom