• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

help with minidsp an windows tablet

dreadknot

Forum Donor
can either of these minidsps be configured via a windows tablet as i no longer have a win pc only linux

miniDSP 2x4 HD

or the

ddrc-24

an if so which would be best

one of these is to be placed between my grace balanced dac an schiit magnius with some rca to xlr cables any suggestions on that i only need two pairs a foot long

i thought about getting the

10" Windows 10 Fusion5 FWIN232 Plus S1 Ultra Slim Windows Tablet PC to use would this work with either of them

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
do you mean a regular windows running machine? if so then yes.

I'm still not sure if you have a regular windows or some sort of Windows for ARM processors.

With both options, the MiniDSP would effectively become your DAC, so no point in keeping the schiit. the DDRC-24 makes the room correction process automated, while the 2*4HD requires you to do (design) the correction yourself.

Last edited:
OP
dreadknot

dreadknot

Forum Donor
its meant for exturnal eq control between my grace balanced dac an schiit magnius headphone amp as my linux eq is crap an never works right an i always prefered exturnal eq over pc software

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
its meant for exturnal eq control between my grace balanced dac an schiit magnius headphone amp as my linux eq is crap an never works right an i always prefered exturnal eq over pc software
you can just use the optical / USB input on the MiniDSP 2*4 HDand skip your DAC. it will infact provide the most performance.

However, if you have a DAC i would recommend the Open-DRC DI instead

OP
dreadknot

dreadknot

Forum Donor
is the Open-DRC DI compatible with linux

an does it have a peq eq control

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The 2x4HD + Dirac Upgrade is technically a DDRC-24. I would buy the 2x4HD without Dirac, since using Dirac with headphones makes no sense. If you want to use Dirac later, buy the upgrade.

Once configured, Linux just works.

To run the config software, you have to look at the operating system that the tablet runs. If it is Windows 10 x86 or x86_64, you are in luck. If not, install a Windows-VM on your Linux box.

Top Bottom