• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hell and High Water

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Was poking around the RedBox at the local grocery tonight and spied this while actually thinking bout something else, anyway-----------------
The older Jeff Bridges gets the better he gets,.
Think True Grit and Rooster Cogburn returns in 2016 as a Texas Ranger.
One of the better non SciFi movies I've seen in a long time. Really did enjoy the whole thing start to finish, give it a shot.

BTW, The movie I went to pick up was Sully, and I knew going in I shouldn't but I was curious. Last years previews hinted that some secrets would be revealed, like Cpt Sully made some judgement errors or some shit. Now we knew that it had been a couple years since the landing in the Hudson and we had never heard anything like that, but anyway I got suckered in and had to know.
It gets worse, in usual La La Land bullshit style, the movie tries to paint the NTSB (read government) in their usual bad guy conspiring against the good guys (the people). Then straight out of a Perry Mason courtroom scene, first Sully points out how the dumb investigators forget to include a 30 second decision time in their recreations that made them look like fools. Then at that critical last minute of the "trial", the NTSB had said the black box showed one on the engines was still running at an idle and hinting all Sully had to do was throttle up that engine to fly away. :( But like the proverbial Mason surprise witness, the said engine was recovered from the river and shown to be blown up from ingesting birds. HURRAH, Sully is cleared and the government boys shown to be the mean persecutors that they are.
These Hollyphools need to stick to their Scientology church with Xenu aliens, and quit trying to delude us with their political statements.
Bottom line, wait for release on free TV if you want to see it, don't pay even $.02 for fairyland propaganda.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I didn't watch Sully because the entire topic seems boring.
The detailed reliving of the real event, was interesting. But all the rest (80%)------ blah

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hell and High Water. Watched it a month ago and thought it worth your time. Plenty good about it. However, don't think too much. Plenty also unreal. Like not being able to raise the money they needed. My favorite scene was in the restaurant where the waitress asked what they don't want.

Last edited:
OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
My favorite seen was in the restaurant where the waitress asked what they don't want.
That's a hoot, plenty of good humor there to carry the movie alone.

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
It's a great movie. I love the cinematography and the New Mexico landscapes. Even tho it's set in Texas, it was filmed next door in eastern NM.

Top Bottom