• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

has anyone tested Silent Angel M1T?

blanc

Hi,

has anyone tested Silent Angel M1T? I just wan to know which method gives better audio performance: local hard disk (SSD) or network transport (via switch)?

RandomEar

What do you refer to when talking about "better audio performance"?

EDIT: Ohhh god, the company also sells a "Power Source Purifier" (arguably useless, but OK) and a "Network Purifier" (100% pure snakeoil bullshit).

OP
B

blanc

I would appreciate it if you could evaluate M1T after you use it.

flywood

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I would appreciate it if you could evaluate M1T after you use it.
Why would one want to use it, let alone run tests on it? What makes it worth seeking out?

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just wan to know which method gives better audio performance: local hard disk (SSD) or network transport (via switch)?
There's no known way for SSD vs. Network to change sound quality in a normal situation. DACs have buffers, this eliminates any possible difference completely.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
So... a Pi 4 plus a digital output, a couple of proprietary bus connections and their own linux-based firmware image.

OP
B

blanc

Thanks. That’s what I want. It seems M1T has a jitter issue. One question: can this issue be solved with asynchronous USB mode? That is if the USB DAC does a reclocking.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Thanks. That’s what I want. It seems M1T has a jitter issue. One question: can this issue be solved with asynchronous USB mode? That is if the USB DAC does a reclocking.

What jitter issue? You find those artifacts at -130dbFS problematic?

OP
B

blanc

1694611202475.jpeg

Nutul

I have a RPi4 + moOde audio sw + Eversollo DAC-Z8. Total price ~750 EUR.
I can use it with local storage, SMB/NFS shares, NAS, Roon, LMS, Spotify connect, BT, AirPlay 1/2
It can:
play "internet radios"
stream over HTTP
play to BT
serve DLNA and UPnP
play to multi-room
have P/G EQ / DSP et-all with CamillaDSP

Performance-wise, I'd say slightly better. And a little bit cheaper (but then again, the DAC alone is 700...)

HNK23

Yes, I have the Munich M1t, but I can't tell you if there's a difference, because for us it's a pure streamer and it does that perfectly. I've had it for about a year and I bought it because of the sound in combination with my DAC. I previously had a Bluesound Node and the sound was always too flat for me. The Qobuz application in the app is functionally the best I've come across so far, outside of Roon.

tomorry

I've been using the Silent Angel Munich M1T transport for a year now with great satisfaction, coupled with a Sabaj A20D DAC. It is a very usable, flexible system with a very good user interface. It works with Tidal Connect and can easily play any music from NAS and SSD. And I think the sound quality is quite excellent for its price range.

Top Bottom