• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Great Album Covers

jae

Major Contributor
folder.jpg

Koloth

Appreciating that this might make this cool thread take a turn for the worse, I'm putting this awesome LP behind spoilers :)

EricClaptonECWasHereB.jpg

DChenery

Forum Donor
ATOMIC ROOSTER - Made in England

This album was interesting in several respects, as Atomic Rooster moved on from being a "Prog Rock" Band to more mainstream, and more interestingly and applicable to this thread, the album came wrapped in a denim sleeve (excluding the US) rather than the standard cellophane.

1603183905600.png

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
That one reminded me of the French darkwave band / project Life's Decay, cover design by the mastermind himself:

This one struck me as the kind of cover you have to buy on vinyl... so I did:

(Julia Jacklin - Crushing, 2019. The vinyl is - you guessed it - green. Pretty good album, too.)

And then there's this neat picture disc serving as its own cover, a 10th anniversary reissue (Record Store Day if memory serves):
R-13487451-1555152650-3578.jpeg.jpg

And finally, some of my faves among old Japanese records:

This doesn't look like it was the cover for a 1978 record, does it?

Going back in time to 1977, here's another one done by the artist:

(佐井好子 [Yoshiko Sai] - 胎児の夢 (Taiji no Yume). Has some really, really great tracks. Hard to believe that it apparently was rather a flop at the time.)

Top Bottom