• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good FFT Software with WHITE window?

ssashton

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question - I like the FFT spectrum analyser in Adobe Audition, but I want to put the results in a document so the dark theme looks bad. Does anyone know a good option with a white / light theme?

I already recorded the .wav files - 80Hz sine stimulus to analyse distortion and noise products, I can not go back and do it again. Or perhaps I can export the Audition data as FRD etc? Help appreciated!

1704377645180.png

I tried REW but when I import the .wav file the results look a mess. Perhaps someone knows the settings better than me to get a good result? Looks like a windowing issue.
1704377624862.png

I Also tried Audacity but I can't see how to expand the graph range below -90dB.
1704377742964.png

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Try smoothing in REW.
Step 1 - Click on "Actions"
Step 2 - Selection amount of smoothing from "Smoothing" drop down
Step 3 - Click "Apply smoothing"
REW_1.png

Result of 1/12 octave smoothing
REW_2.png

OP
S

ssashton

Try smoothing in REW.
Step 1 - Click on "Actions"
Step 2 - Selection amount of smoothing from "Smoothing" drop down
Step 3 - Click "Apply smoothing"
View attachment 339642

Result of 1/12 octave smoothing
View attachment 339643
Thank you for your help. Unfortunately this does not show the detail I need. This is a speaker port noise measurement where I want to see the spikes, but also the broadband turbulence noise in the floor of the measurment.

Top Bottom