• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Getting the headphones out of your head

Zensō

Major Contributor
I own the HD800S, which a lot of people say has the most expansive soundstage and “out of your head” listening experience of all headphones. In my experience that was true, that is until I experienced Apple’s “Head Tracked” Spatial Audio for their AirPods Pro and Max, which takes it to a higher level. It’s very nearly a speaker experience that I find quite addictive. As others have reported, it’s convincing enough that I’ve taken off my headphones more than once to check if the music was coming out of the device or speakers in front of me. I have to think this type of tech is the future of headphones.

BAE12A41-8CCB-44B2-9226-32070AFEEF7A.jpeg

avoidwork

android & windows shipped dolby atmos years a head of apple. this is just dolby atmos. probably not going to change portable music much. i tend to disable asap when using an offboard dac because its just a shite dsp to me.

Top Bottom