• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS Intel Nuc 5i3RYK used as Roon Rock -------SOLD

Gaspar74

Intel Nuc 5i3RYK Nuc with power supply I was using as Roon rock. Has a i5 Intel chip 8gb ram and 32gb SSD drive. Worked flawlessly as a Roon Rock. slight scratches here and there but other than that good to go.
110 shipped in Cont USA Paypal payment. any questions please dont hesitate.

Attachments

• IMG_6768.jpg
    IMG_6768.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Nuc1.jpg
    Nuc1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 65

mikesclsh

Sorry to resurrect an old and done thread, but I have this exact model and have no luck at all getting ROCK on it.

I can install ROCK on the M.2 SSD, but the NUC won't boot from it at all... under either UEFI or Lecagy mode.

Any tips? Any suggestions welcome.

mikesclsh

As a fallback can you run Roon server for Windows?
Can do but would like to avoid if possible. Windows like to update itself and change things around. ROCK won't do that so much more set and forget machine.

OP have the exact same model and got it to work, so maybe I'm just missing something somewhere.

Apesbrain

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm just missing something somewhere.
If your target drive was already partitioned, that may be confusing the ROCK install. You may need to manually set your boot partition:

mikesclsh

If your target drive was already partitioned, that may be confusing the ROCK install. You may need to manually set your boot partition:
Thanks, but I used a fresh drive, so this shouldn't be partition related.

I think the issue is how to get this NUC to see the M2 under Legacy boot mode. When I installed Windows on it I can get it to boot, but only under UEFI mode. The NUC does not see the M2 as bootable under Legacy mode at all.

So was quite surprised when I saw this post. OP must have gotten the NUC to see the M2 under Legacy. That's something I haven't figured out how to do yet.

Apesbrain

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The NUC does not see the M2 as bootable under Legacy mode at all.
Got it. With your NUC being on the ROCK-approved list, I assumed that there was something peculiar about your situation. It may simply be that legacy boot was removed in a BIOS update:

Here is something interesting:

mikesclsh

Got it. With your NUC being on the ROCK-approved list, I assumed that there was something peculiar about your situation. It may simply be that legacy boot was removed in a BIOS update:

Here is something interesting:
Legacy boot mode is selectable, the tick box is there and can be easily turned on/off, it's just that nothing shows up as bootable under that heading.

I've heard of other models having this option greyed out, but that's not the case with this model.

Top Bottom