• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Finally decided to register in order ask this question. What is the best portable amp for HE400se? Budget under $100

datobe

After reading different reviews and rankings I got so confused that Finally decided to register and ask this question to the experienced people. I am waiting to receive HE400se, I also have Kiwi ears melody. I will be thankful if you recommend me headphone AMP that provides decent bass, that I can use both on desktop and outside if needed. Under $100.

asrUser

Qudelix 5k + bass shelf EQ

MAB

Major Contributor
After reading different reviews and rankings I got so confused that Finally decided to register and ask this question to the experienced people. I am waiting to receive HE400se, I also have Kiwi ears melody. I will be thankful if you recommend me headphone AMP that provides decent bass, that I can use both on desktop and outside if needed. Under $100.
Welcome!
Have you read the ASR review on your incoming HE400se?
They look like great headphones. They are certainly deficient in bass. They also have a notch in the response just below 2kHz.

index.php

To be clear, you need an amp with PEQ to address the deficient bass and enough headroom to handle a bass shelf. And along the way deal with the dip just below 2kHz.

index.php

Like that Qudelix 5k mentioned above!
It has 20-band EQ.

OP
datobe

datobe

@MAB Yes, I did read. Thank you guys. What you think about DC03 Pro? Or MOONDROP Dawn Pro
each of them I could get it for $50 on Taobao, which seems great price.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAB

asrUser

@MAB Yes, I did read. Thank you guys. What you think about DC03 Pro? I could get it for $50 on Taobao, which seems great price.
It can't store EQ settings and got no battery. You would need to use Equalizer Apps on your cellphone and PC then.

asrUser

Dongles such as DC03 will drain your cellphone on the go. The internal battery and bluetooth on Qudelix makes you even more mobile.

OP
datobe

datobe

Maybe there are non portable cheap headphone amps for desktop?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Tanchjim Space is the best measuring, but the Apple 3.5 to USB is best value. It has all the power you need for the he400se, they power my He5xx just fine.

Oso Polar

Apple 3.5 to USB is best value. It has all the power you need for the he400se
Hmm, this sounds doubtful to me. Qudelix-5K is barely adequate for HE400se with stock unbalanced cable and Oratory EQ applied (which uses -9.3 DB preamp).

Top Bottom