• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Farewell my friends. Health is deteriorating - I'm fading out. (Updated - RIP)

Anthony LoFi

I am writing this to all of you who have wished David heart felt good wishes on the days/weeks/months left in his wonderful life.
David has given us an insight to our own impending mortality as as such given me a wake up call that every day is a gift we take for granted.
The world is and has always been a struggle, we bicker and argue, strive for money to survive but at the end, all we have is each other.
His positive attitude to others has seen by his new adopted "family and friends" repay his humanity and empathy to be there for him.
Let us not dwell on his failing health, but listen to his message.
Be kind to others always, be respectful, share your knowledge and find a beautiful place to be.
Music can ease the pain and fear in life, we dont need SOTA. A tablet, headphones and a collection of MP3's.
Its our wonderful ability to hear the notes and imagine the emotion of the music uplift us.
I will endeavor to remember Davids journey and use each day to never take my health or the time I have left for granted.

Thank you from the depth of my heart David.
I will remember you.

A Surfer

Major Contributor
@Xulonn It is extremely sad to know that you are so certain that your time of life is coming close to an end, but it is as other posters have said also wonderful that you were able to feel the support of this community and those close to you. I hope that any suffering you are experiencing is minimal and that you are able to enjoy whatever time it is that you have.

Thank you for sharing some of your journey with us and know that you have gifted us with a wake-up call (as other posters have said) to take a look at our own lives and reflect on the fact that they are short, and that we should do everything that we can to to enjoy them, and to put out positive energy to the rest of the world.

Thank you again and please know that you have been noticed by many, and that you will be missed, but also remembered. That if you ask me is true wealth. Rest easy.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Wish you love and peace as you come to the end of your journey. You are in our thoughts.
This is not going to be an 'end' but just a journey milestone.
@Xulonn knows it and so do the rest of us!
I am thankful that he has shared his great mind with us, while leaving an indelible legacy.
He will ALWAYS be fondly remembered.

Au revoir, notre Ami!

Sashoir

Forum Donor
I shall miss you. May all the joys of your life dwell in your mind, the music you have loved dwell in your ears, and the people you have loved fill your spirit in whatever time is afforded you. Thank you for being who you are.

JSmith

Master Contributor
An interesting aspect of reality is that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, it merely changes form;
In death, the collection of atoms of which you are composed (a universe within the universe) are repurposed. Those atoms and that energy, which originated during the Big Bang, will always be around. Therefore, your "light," that is, the essence of your energy will continue to echo throughout space until the end of time.
I hope you are not in pain @Xulonn and rest assured we will all continue this thread as a memorial to you if you do happen to pass on. For now I sure hope you can still enjoy the gift of music and the joy of imagination.

JSmith

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I hope you are not in pain @Xulonn and rest assured we will all continue this thread as a memorial to you if you do happen to pass on. For now I sure hope you can still enjoy the gift of music and the joy of imagination.

JSmith
That is a very touching and suitable suggestion. If or when our friend David passes from our midst, maintaining this thread as a home for things reflecting community, decency and humanity would be a most fitting tribute.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That is a very touching and suitable suggestion. If or when our friend David passes from our midst, maintaining this thread as a home for things reflecting community, decency and humanity would be a most fitting tribute.
How do I say "I second that motion" without saying 'I second that motion'!:facepalm:

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm hanging in there -- barely. I am ready to leave this life.

I have no idea what's on the other side. But if there is hi-fi and whiskey, I'll treat. I've always appreciated your posts. For me, you, and others on ASR, are better friends than 'real' friends.

XTRProf

Hi Xulonn,

My first post here and I guess this is the perfect entry for me here at ASR as within 3 years I had gone through 5 terminal lifes that I held closely to. So you are not alone. I'm really sad to see another world brother on the way out. Hang in there as long as you can as when there is Life we must have Life. I'm not a holy person but that's the righter mantra to be in and I can write sincerely that now. Fight on and live on bravely until the last and become a hero!

I'm not sure what pain and suffering you are going through now but at least have your closest relations, be it relatives or friends, be with you until the last. It will be very comforting and I have gone through all that thoroughly by now. I don't believe in Hospice. Be where you are most at ease and comfortable for the rest of this heart felt journey with relatives and friends. Just be brave!

Sorry, what's your real name as I just joined here and is obviously green here.

XTRProf

Good to read and see that David is indeed with good company for this hard felt journey! Great!

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sadness...

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just been looking at Xulonn's website as well as his artist friend's website who's family helped look after him so that he could continue to be able to live in his house:
Huisa-Plates-Pyrography-at-Tuesday-Market.jpg

They both helped eachother, Xulonn helped him with setting up website, etc. I was thinking he'd like that to live on. So, in that pic from his website you can see some examples of the work, and then I was thinking about this in the framework of DIY Speakers - some people here make DIY speakers right, which are made from wood - how about shipping the wood panel of the speakers over there to have some custom art put on them? If you notice the square wood tiles in that pic - that is art that has been put on there with a "pen" that burns the wood, and if you look there's a few examples of musical inspiration like the treble cleff and a guitar, I could kind of imagine that style of art (the "pen" that burns the wood) being used on DIY Speakers. I'm imagining you'd be able to commission a certain brief for what you're looking for, in terms of subject matter, so maybe you could taylor what you have on there to some extent. Now I've not approached Richar Huisa the artist about this idea, and I'm not sure I want to be the one to run with it (perhaps people involved here with DIY speaker building can run with it), but it was an idea I had and I felt like I should put it down on here, because it could be something Xulonn would like and he'd probably want to see his artist friend receive some positivity from it too.

(And Xulonn's website for some additional background: https://xulonn.wordpress.com/ , I listed the artist friend website (Richar Huisa) earlier in this post)

EDIT: actually Xulonn in his website talked of all the wonderful different woods over there, perhaps have the speaker panels made from those interesting woods over there, rather than necessarily shipping over the panels.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I keep starting to type something, then erase and start again as I can't seem to find the words to let you all know that our esteemed member and friend David passed away earlier this month. He mentioned long ago that any updates would be posted on his Facebook page, so I'd check in every couple of weeks to make sure he was still with us, but when I opened his page this morning I was hit with the news that struck like a punch to the gut. While not unexpected, and it certainly sounds as though the man was more than ready to move on to what comes next, that doesn't mean it won't hurt to know we will no longer be able to enjoy his wisdom and friendship.

David, my eyes are filled with tears as I wish you a peaceful rest, after a life well lived.

Farewell my friend.

David Wayne Van Harn took his final breathe of Boquete air at 5pm today, August 14. At his side were his close friends Richar and GIA Huisa, also Dr. Rod Gottula who was an amazingly compassionate advisor and advocate during his last hours. David treasured the chance to spend his final chapter here amongst friends he accumulated over the last 12 years. The staff at Boquete home and care are to commended for there compassionate care since he arrived in their facility in April.

Top Bottom