• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fake or Fortune: Quintessential Quality Programming From the BBC

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I must say, I was not aware of the Fake or Fortune BBC TV series which dates back some 12 years. Youtube suggested it as part of an Art channel (Perspectiv) and I have been mesmerized after watching a few episodes. It is everything that quality British programming brings to the table. Each episode is an investigation by an art dealer and BBC reporter to find out the truth about a painting. The former is represented by Philip Mould and latter, Fiona Bruce. Both do their job so brilliantly. The elegance with which they speak is well, beyond words. The emotion they bring is heartwarming. And oh, there is good bit of science in some of the episodes to discover interesting facts about the paintings.

Here is an episode I just watched:

The production values are superb as what I would expect from the BBC. Videography is wonderful. Soundtrack could not be more fitting.

This is what high value reality TV is all about.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Last edited:
Top Bottom