• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eye Watch

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
PSA for older folk (~60+): if you get a bunch of big, stringy floaters inside your eye, get thee to your eye doctor ASAP. I had that happen this spring, but eye dr said it was normal due to the gel inside the eyeball turning to fluid and pulling away from the retina, and no tearing or detachment was seen. But, a month ago there was another burst after a trip to sea level and back. The floaters went away after a couple of days so I didn't worry, but a few weeks later my normal exam showed a tear. That led to emergency surgery for retinal detachment and at least a couple of weeks of doing mostly nothing whilst the eye heals. If I had waited much longer permanent damage and some vision loss was likely, and if I did nothing I would have lost vision in that eye.

FYI - Don

Top Bottom