• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Was this posted on here already?

Audiophile Rocks is notorious for his (her?) ridiculous magical lumps of FIMO clay.

It's some dude/dudette from Sweden who makes the stuff and sells it on eBay.

Here's on of the lastest creations:
s-l1600.jpg

It's absolutely nuts...

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Looks like my shite after i scoff an entire bag of liquorice toffee,

pjn

Audiophile Rocks is notorious for his (her?) ridiculous magical lumps of FIMO clay.

s-l1600.jpg

It's absolutely nuts...
You can see why it has taken a long time to develop.
Internal dialog:

"Surely no one will be crazy enough to purchase this?"
"But they might - and we'll make a ton of money"
"No, they won't"
"Well how about if we charge enough, like 10x? That way we'll still make loads of moolah. It's a bit like those email scams - you only have to hook one"
"That might work..."

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I always wanted more electron flows per second in my power cable, I just couldn't say why. Now, I know: it's to create a magical ambiance!
Especially with AC the electron flow is essential ....

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Galliardist

Major Contributor

Metal Molecular Activation Technology (MMAT)​

Metal Molecular Activation Technology is a process that increases the number of electron flows per second in conductor material, resulting in a much lower background noise and paving the way for further QSA treatments. All products must undergo this process first for the QSA treatments to be effective.

The products - such as fuses - undergo varying levels of colour graded treatments to improve performance. The higher grade of colours reach an optimal performance, wherein further treatments no longer improve the performance. Thus, a graduated level of performance improvement is achieved.

Musical Metal Molecule Alignment Technology (MMMAT)​

QSA's Musical Metal Molecule Alignment Technology (MMMAT) drastically increases the charge transfer efficiency between metal and molecules, resulting in an exponential improvement of micro dynamics. This, in turn, leads to a much more vibrant and lively music experience, almost creating a magical ambiance that will make you want to keep on listening.

All QSA products, such as fuses, undergo this treatment, with the colour grade being determined by the number of times the product has been treated - higher grades reaching maximum performance after multiple treatments. This results in a graduated level of performance improvement.

I am just astonished - based on customer reviews, they do enough business to be making a vast profit. Although I wonder about the legitimacy of the reviews - they seem to "bunch" in a non-random way.
Looks like QSA have cracked it. Charge so much no sceptic is ever going to buy one to test, then make claims you need an electron microscope to disprove if you did somehow get hold of one.

Reactions: pjn

Punter

This magical box caught my eye as they have named it "ENO" which I find offensive as it's undoubtedly a reference to one of my favorite musical artists. The device itself has been reviewed by our old golden eared mate Hans Beekhuysen Network Acoustics ENO Streaming System.

The manufacturer trots out the usual bullshit about "noise" which is all these prawns seem to be able to latch onto.

EnoFilter.PNG

These guys don't get too deep into ridiculous claims as they describe the device this way;

"Add an eno to your streaming audio system and we believe you will find the effect is nothing short of stunning. A unique passive filtering system which plugs in between your network switch or router, and your streaming device.

The enclosure is carefully selected to offer the best performance for the purpose. Made from ABS plastic rather than metal, chosen due to the magnetic fields generated internally by the filtering process."

Interestingly a member of the Audiogoon forum bought one and opened it up. If you listen to Hans, and his reading of correspondence from the manufacturer, you'll find out that the device is "hand made' which justifies the utterly ridiculous asking price for.....

this
EnoFilter2.PNG

This probably represents about $10-15 worth of components with the Amphenol CAT5 hardware being the most costly. The "hand wound" filter components would be cheap ferrite toroids with a few turns of teflon insulated wire . According to Hans, the unit also has the effect of turning a gigabit ethernet connection to a 100 base T speed. Just how it achieves that I'm not sure and also, why would you want to? Is it another example of audiophool law, slowing the connection improves the sound??? Or maybe it's just nostalgia for a bygone era.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
This magical box caught my eye as they have named it "ENO" which I find offensive as it's undoubtedly a reference to one of my favorite musical artists. The device itself has been reviewed by our old golden eared mate Hans Beekhuysen Network Acoustics ENO Streaming System.

The manufacturer trots out the usual bullshit about "noise" which is all these prawns seem to be able to latch onto.

View attachment 347680

These guys don't get too deep into ridiculous claims as they describe the device this way;

Interestingly a member of the Audiogoon forum bought one and opened it up. If you listen to Hans, and his reading of correspondence from the manufacturer, you'll find out that the device is "hand made' which justifies the utterly ridiculous asking price for.....

this
View attachment 347682

This probably represents about $10-15 worth of components with the Amphenol CAT5 hardware being the most costly. The "hand wound" filter components would be cheap ferrite toroids with a few turns of teflon insulated wire . According to Hans, the unit also has the effect of turning a gigabit ethernet connection to a 100 base T speed. Just how it achieves that I'm not sure and also, why would you want to? Is it another example of audiophool law, slowing the connection improves the sound??? Or maybe it's just nostalgia for a bygone era.
Could a concern such as those responsible for this product be sued for deceptive advertising if one found the addition to be, e.g., only 87% stunning -- when the advertising materials state that it is nothing short of stunning?
Asking for a friend. :)

tw99

View attachment 347680

this
View attachment 347682

You only need two pairs for 100Mb/s ethernet, and it looks like the box only connects two pairs.

tw99

View attachment 347680

this
View attachment 347682

You only need two pairs for 100Mb/s ethernet, and it looks like the box only connects two pairs. The connected equipment will work that out, and autonegotiate to 100.

It does seem to be part of audiophile folklore that 100Mb/s is "better", quite a few of the audiophile switches (I hate even typing that phrase) are limited to 100.

Galliardist

Major Contributor
Could a concern such as those responsible for this product be sued for deceptive advertising if one found the addition to be, e.g., only 87% stunning -- when the advertising materials state that it is nothing short of stunning?
Asking for a friend. :)
Time to move this to the Measurements thread. We have found something that can't be measured - until, that is, someone invents a stunningometer.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Time to move this to the Measurements thread. We have found something that can't be measured - until, that is, someone invents a stunningometer.
Yes the BS meter have been pegged at 100% since the 90’s so a new magnitude scale is needed :)

Maybe MBS or TBS ? This audiophile switch clocks in at 92 Terra B*llsh*t and takes the mr 1 spot .

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

s-l1600.jpg

It's absolutely nuts...
Graphic proof of the amount of B.S in the HEA. Wow .. Stunning.. although "putrid" would be more appropriate.. WOW!!! How much does this (literally) turd cost?

At this point the HEA could be also called "Applied Scatology" :facepalm::

Peace.

AdrianusG

View attachment 347680

this
View attachment 347682

What a suckers, for such an amazing piece of kit they could easily charge 5-6 fold this price, no business instinct!, with these mundane prices... which audiophile's gonna buy it;)

Top Bottom