• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Just saw this posted Someplace Else and it seemed weirdly, synergistically appopriate to share it here. YMMV, of course. :cool:

1628861971001.png

OP
S

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Some clarifications on the requirements of these "magic" products: :facepalm::facepalm:

Stones Line Accessories made from natural material and minerals which, "loaded" with various liquid and ultrasonic dive baths, interact with electromagnetic fields and free energy.
Mini stones Small parallelepipeds of about 3x2 cm to be inserted inside the electronics

Stones Medium Discs of about 5 cm in diameter, to be used above and under the electronics

Big Stones polarized Parallelepipeds of about 7cm side treated with particular system that makes them sensitive to magnetic fields. Positioned towards the North Magnetic increased their effectiveness. Jiva lacquer Non-conductive paint partially derived from pre-treated stones and adding other elements. It can be used wherever there is a passage of electrons or magnetic fields.

Clamp stones Clamp for vinyl records, acetate and backelite. Yasoda 3 Gold Pair of directional signal cables, roded with particular high temperature equipment to mechanically stabilize the cable and improve electrical behavior, welds with silver parts.

Yasoda 4 - Stones version Pair of rodated magnetic and high-current signal cables, welded with ionized hot air system. Cleaning of ultrasonic connectors and conductors. Treated partly with the Jiva Super Stones lacquer.

Yasoda 4 - Stones Pot version. Pair of power cables roded with magnetic field and high current, welded with ionized hot air system. Cleaning of ultrasonic connectors and conductors. Treated partly with the Jiva Super Stones lacquer.

Yasoda 4 - Stones Alim version Roded magnetic and high current supply cable, welded with ionized hot air system. Cleaning the connectors before ultrasonic welding. Treated partly with the Jiva Super Stones lacquer.

View attachment 147279

So the violins are the tweeters? What idiot doesn't know that a violin is made the way it is because of the coloration of the sound makes it a violin? Using a resonating box (violin body) as a box for your tweeter is nuts. I might have this wrong but it seems that this is what they are doing. A few simple tests by Amir would show what pure hogwash this is. Another completely insane idea that some people actually pay money for. I need to get in the Snake Oil business. I'm missing out on a lot of money........

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So the violins are the tweeters? What idiot doesn't know that a violin is made the way it is because of the coloration of the sound makes it a violin? Using a resonating box (violin body) as a box for your tweeter is nuts. I might have this wrong but it seems that this is what they are doing. A few simple tests by Amir would show what pure hogwash this is. Another completely insane idea that some people actually pay money for. I need to get in the Snake Oil business. I'm missing out on a lot of money........

Reading the copy, it sounds like they aren't the tweeters, but are just there to add the resonances. Does one let the strings vibrate freely? Is this justified by the idea that an orchestra is full of such resonating shapes?

egellings

Major Contributor
Did you see the little pyramid on the right speaker? Pyramid power, ya know. That completes the square and allows the polynomial to be factored. Bet the roots have imaginary parts, too.

OP
S

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Reading the copy, it sounds like they aren't the tweeters, but are just there to add the resonances. Does one let the strings vibrate freely? Is this justified by the idea that an orchestra is full of such resonating shapes?

If they are just passive radiators, why the wires on the strings? I'm thinking that the wires may be unattached to anything? What would be their purpose? It is hard for me to decipher snake oil at this extreme level.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
1628890556988.png

Best possible stereo test record for the system currently under discussion. :cool:

Oh, by the way -- are those actually violins?
They look too big to me (expert on stringed instruments that I am ;) ) --I thought they were violas(?).
Heck, when I first saw the photo, I thought they were cellos. :)

Leporello

Those morons can't even market well to audiophools. They say it "works on a micro-level" and completely missed the opportunity to use words like "nano" and "carbon"`
But those are so last season. My Bianchi bike frame from 2011 has both "nano" and "carbon" plus "kevlar".

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
well, they also missed the chance to use Qubits in their ad copy

Leporello

And it's Italian, which from a tech perspective moves the needle back at least 15 years.
That's possible. I have a vague feeling that classic Italian bike brands are being increasingly marketed with soft and dreamy eyed concepts like "soul" and "passion".

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's possible. I have a vague feeling that classic Italian bike brands are being increasingly marketed with soft and dreamy eyed concepts like "soul" and "passion".
My old biking buddies who used Shimano used to say that Campagnolo was Italian for "you paid too much for that."

My view of Ultegra groupset was that it got me to about 95% of Dura-Ace at about half the cost. That's kind of my sweet spot for audio gear, too.

Leporello

My old biking buddies who used Shimano used to say that Campagnolo was Italian for "you paid too much for that."
Even that could be true. When I decided to buy a road bike the main criteria were: 1. It has to be from a classic Italian brand 2. the groupset must be Campagnolo. A Shimano groupset could have been technically better, but I wanted my illusory piece of Italian road bike mythology. Recently I had to wrap the handlebars with 'Pro' (a Shimano company, afaik) handlebar tape. I pray no one will notice.

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
That requires restricted education and/or lack of aptitude being exploited by profiteering though, IMO.
It begs the question how limited are various education systems and how easily are its graduates exploited?

Good point. It is worrisome that some will (do) end up "running things".

Top Bottom