• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Element III MK2 = New Knob and EQ Firmware

deprogrammed

This looks interesting. From the above link:
Each equalizer band involves a parametric biquad filter, processing on a dedicated core in near real-time, with Q = 0.707.
Each band allows up to +/-30dB of gain adjustment at 8 possible frequency choices. We’re now memory constrained, but have the option to compile different cutoff frequencies upon request:

Bass Frequencies: [40Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 110Hz, 125Hz, 150Hz, 170Hz]
Treble Frequencies: [10kHz, 11kHz, 12kHz, 13kHz , 13.5 kHz, 14kHz, 14.5kHz, 15kHz]
DSP settings are stored separately for Headphone Output and RCA/Line Output, and the DSP cores are bypassed entirely when gain values are set to zero (default). You will also see “DSP Active” displayed when DSP cores are in-use.

RangerAudio

I just got mine yesterday and my hardest-to-drive headphone is the Edition XS. I'm very very impressed, as it drives everything very well and with style. I've tested it with iems, and my powered speakers. It's a fantastic unit that is easy to use. The MK 2 has a solid knob and just feels and looks premium. Maybe not an end game for everyone, but it is for me. I fully enjoy mine and recommend it to anyone.

The build quality is top-notch, it has easy-to-download drivers, and works easily out of the box. I have no complaints as it has zero noise floor. It's just great.

Going from Speakers to Headphones is simple, just a quick button from the back.

For me it's end game, and all I want from an amp dac. My journey for now is done. And that is beautiful.

Fregly

This looks interesting. From the above link:
Each equalizer band involves a parametric biquad filter, processing on a dedicated core in near real-time, with Q = 0.707.
Each band allows up to +/-30dB of gain adjustment at 8 possible frequency choices. We’re now memory constrained, but have the option to compile different cutoff frequencies upon request:

Treble Frequencies: [10kHz, 11kHz, 12kHz, 13kHz , 13.5 kHz, 14kHz, 14.5kHz, 15kHz]
DSP settings are stored separately for Headphone Output and RCA/Line Output, and the DSP cores are bypassed entirely when gain values are set to zero (default). You will also see “DSP Active” displayed when DSP cores are in-use.
Please explain those frequency adjustments, as I do not understand. Why are all the mid upper mid and treble frequencies within most instrument voices not adjustable, where the ear is most attuned/sensitive? A lot of important control would be at say 3kh and 6kh for instance, or say where female vocals are. Maybe a stupid question but I do not get those restricted numbers.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Please explain those frequency adjustments, as I do not understand. Why are all the mid upper mid and treble frequencies within most instrument voices not adjustable, where the ear is most attuned/sensitive? A lot of important control would be at say 3kh and 6kh for instance, or say where female vocals are. Maybe a stupid question but I do not get those restricted numbers.
Link provided actually lists different frequencies from what has been quoted in the post above, not sure why,

Treble Frequencies: [3k, 4k, 6k, 8k, 9k, 10k, 12k, 14k]

Last edited:

paudio

Link provided actually lists different frequencies from what has been quoted in the post above, not sure why,
Likely it was adjusted.
In the comments they said they could change the frequencies in the firmware if needed. Though this is just a two band with a set Q. Kind of makes sense to me but maybe they will be able to implement some additional functionality but sounds like they are memory constrained. Maybe if they figure out how they can just set custom frequencies instead of an enumerated list they could do peak/notch instead.

1693345037659.png

Top Bottom