• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Elac Debut series vs Polk Signature Elite series for 7.2.4 home theatre

deepu105

Hello folks,

Newbie to this forum, I'm in the process of setting up a home theater (upgrading from my budget setup now) I bought a Denon AVR 4700H and planning to get a Behringer KM750 for front left/right channels. I also bought 2 Polk HTS 10 subs (great black friday deals). For base layer speakers I'm finding it difficult to choose between Elac Debut series and Polk Signature Elite series. I would appreciate any opinions and sugestions on this. Both series are similary priced here, polk would be slightly cheaper (Netherlands) and I do like how Polk ES looks but Elac has the nice onwall speakers which could better suit my room. I looked through reviews and discussions but still couldn't come to a conclusion. My primary usage would be Movies and TV shows, I dont care too much about Music listening with this setup.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi, welcome to ASR. Which Elac debut specifically are you considering? If it's the little Atmos units I would avoid those because they only go down to 180hz. That would create a frequency response gap between 180hz and whatever your subwoofer crossover is set at.

OP
D

deepu105

Not the atmos units, i think they are bad. I ended up getting Elac b6.2 and c6.2 for LCR, ow4.2 for surround and b5.2 for rear surround. Got some osd ap450 outdoor speakers for atmos.

Top Bottom