• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Echo during playback, s.m.s.l. M100 MKll

wasclywabbit

I've been using an M100 connected to a CCA via an optical cable (input 2). I decided to connect it to my PC as well. My PC is 20' from the M100 so I purchased an active USB cable (that boosts the signal) and connected it to the USB input (Input 1) on the M100. The M100 output is connected to my stereo receiver with a standard RCA cable. The audio from the PC connection sounds like it has an echo, like it's being played through reverb. I tried temporarily moving the M100 closer to the PC, connecting the M100 to the PC with a 4' USB cable and it sounds fine (no echo). So I'm thinking it must have someting to do with whatever boosts the signal in the active USB cable. Has anyone ever run across this problem? Are there any thoughts as to what might be the cause? Is it possible to connect the M100 to the PC wirelessly?

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Really weird issue. Perhaps you could get a Wifi receiver with whatever digital output you want and connect it to the M100. The PC will send the data via Wifi.

OP
wasclywabbit

wasclywabbit

After hours of changing sound settings I tried disabling the Line In on the Realtek settings and the echo went away. Why, I have no idea. But I can live with it.

Top Bottom