• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Easy to operate streamer

OP
Liya

Liya

It should be rather obvious but it came to me after trying Roon that all the streamers/servers comes with their own apps and that they all manage the libraries in their own, unique ways. I spent a lot of time tagging my library in Audirvana, in fact every new album I'm adding to the library gets extensive manual tagging. If I would like to do the same with a new software with all the albums I own it would take months. I realized that for me it's not so easy to switch the softwares/systems because of that. If Roon (one of the best in business?) cannot do it to a satisfying degree that what software can? How Innuos matadata works? or Melco? For me to switch to another system, the new one would need to be both acurate and efficient with tagging that I won't need to do it myself.
Any thoughts?

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It should be rather obvious but it came to me after trying Roon that all the streamers/servers comes with their own apps and that they all manage the libraries in their own, unique ways. I spent a lot of time tagging my library in Audirvana, in fact every new album I'm adding to the library gets extensive manual tagging. If I would like to do the same with a new software with all the albums I own it would take months. I realized that for me it's not so easy to switch the softwares/systems because of that. If Roon (one of the best in business?) cannot do it to a satisfying degree that what software can? How Innuos matadata works? or Melco? For me to switch to another system, the new one would need to be both acurate and efficient with tagging that I won't need to do it myself.
Any thoughts?
I was only really able to use my extensive tagging in a control point by using MinimServer (which allows you to use the tags as sorted menu selections, with a little fiddling). Doesn’t Audirvana have a control point package, though?

Last I looked at expensive solutions like Lumen, they were actually using Minimserver underneath.

The problem you run into is that one person’s “solo piano” is another person’s “solo keyboard” genre, and there are multiple spellings of composers and artists, etc.. Roon actually does a decent job of disambiguating these things. I did, like you, get some weird search results, but I can almost always get to what I want, and being able to integrate my two streaming services with my library more than made up for the differences.

OP
Liya

Liya

How about Cambridge Audio CXN v2 + NAS with Roon Core?
Any NAS? If not any, which one?

OP
Liya

Liya

Below is reply from Innuos to my questions regarding 4 USB A inputs at the back of Zen Mini Mk3:

- Can you tell what the 4 USB A inputs on the back of the Zen Mini Mk3 are for?
- The 4 USB drives on the back of your ZENmini are for connecting backup drives (so you can back up your Innuos music library) or importing files to your Innuos from an external USB drive and or connecting your DAConly.
- Could I connect 2 x SSD's to in and have my library there?
- Not at this time (you can leave a suggestion in our InnuOS Feedback Zone)
- Would the Zen Mini recognise them and play the music from it? or do I have to import everything to the internal storage and play from there?
-You would have to import to the internal drive of the ZENmini."

OP
Liya

Liya

I have bought Cambridge CXN v2 with a nice £100 off (flash sale at the dealer in the UK).
Works really good. I can connect 2 SSD's. I was shocked how qucik it recognized the drives and played music from it. Everything else is responsive and smooth. It's good to have remote control to skip a song:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 80
Top Bottom