• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EarFun UA100 - Cheap DAC worth it?

Barry_Sound

Will this little DAC improve audio output of a generic PC? As far as I understand it´s a passive (USB powered) Hi Res Sabre chip with two output jacks.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
But even then - you are not going to improve the sound if there is nothing wrong with your PC analogue output.

Many, or most, PC's - even generic ones - have perfectly adequate built in DACs which for most people will be audibly transparent.

Last edited:
OP
B

Barry_Sound

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Thanks I find it hard to navigate the review index. Is there a thumb drive DAC you would recommend?

I picked up a Tanchjim Space a little while ago, and also have a Qudelix. I'd recommend either, but there are quite a few that will do very well.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Tanchjim Space is $54 in shopping cart with coupons at AliExpress for the Cyber Monday sale. Absolutely can't go wrong with it.

Top Bottom