• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dunu Titan S and its large "vent" window.

otseiTiesto

I recently bought my first iem, the Truthear Hola, the product is great, but there is only one thing that bothers me a little, although I think this will happen with all iems (more or less pronounced). It involves the following: I can hear the sounds of my heartbeat, breathing, jaw and neck muscles, swallowing saliva, etc. Perhaps with a large ventilation window all these sounds will be attenuated, I don't know, but this last thought led me to the Dunu Titan S. Please could someone who has the Dunu Titan S confirm if I'm correct?

I attach a picture of the ventilation window to which I'm referring, I guess it should have a diameter between 1.6 and 1.9 mm, vs 0.8 mm in the Hola.

dunu titan s hole.jpg
Hola.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't think the vent hole or it's size it going to make any difference, it doesn't make the IEMs 'open' like a set of headphones. I think you either learn to live with the 'self noise' or you don't. I know it bothers some more than others. Personally, cable or wind noise bothers me more, I must have learned to ignore the other stuff.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Your IEMs are attenuating background noise very well, great sealing. Usually that is desirable. Blocks all environmental noise disturbance. In my book that is good. When I play music all the body noises are inaudible so it does not bother me.

OP
O

otseiTiesto

@Berwhale
I don't think the vent hole or it's size it going to make any difference, it doesn't make the IEMs 'open' like a set of headphones.
Yes, not like a set of open headphones, but I think that at least a little bit should help. I know it's not the same/equivalent, but if I break the seal, even a little bit (the thickness of a needle), I stop hearing all those body noises and automatically only mids and treble are audible.

@Matias
Your IEMs are attenuating background noise very well, great sealing...
When I play music all the body noises are inaudible so it does not bother me.
Exactly, the sealing is very good, and yes all these body noises don't bother me either at normal sound volumes.

-------------------------------------

By the way, the hola's cable is not bad, it generates some noise, but in a reasonable way.
And yes, I may have to get used all those body noises... :cool:

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, not like a set of open headphones, but I think that at least a little bit should help. I know it's not the same/equivalent, but if I break the seal, even a little bit (the thickness of a needle), I stop hearing all those body noises and automatically only mids and treble are audible.

Then I would experiment with the various eartips that came with your Holas and other compatible options. I've been a big fan of the Comply style memory foam tips for many years, and used these on my Moondrop Starfields and Zeros (Blues and Reds), but I recently tried the medium silicone tips (with the smaller hole) that came with my Zeros and i'm liking those at the moment (and hoping to avoid the expense of replacing foam tips every month!).

mc.god

OP
O

otseiTiesto

Then I would experiment with the various eartips that came with your Holas and other compatible options. I've been a big fan of the Comply style memory foam tips for many years, and used these on my Moondrop Starfields and Zeros (Blues and Reds), but I recently tried the medium silicone tips (with the smaller hole) that came with my Zeros and i'm liking those at the moment (and hoping to avoid the expense of replacing foam tips every month!).
Yes, that's what I'm thinking, I mean try other tips, maybe the foam ones will help.

Many people get Hola just for the cable.
It makes sense. By the way in a few days I will be able to compare this cable with the one included in the "7Hz Salnotes Zero", which by the way is a bit gluttonous (12.44 mW to get 104dB SPL vs 4.47 2.55 mW for the "Crinacle Truthear Zero Red" or 0.9 mW for the "Hola").

Interesting, it is worth reading.

Could also be stiff neck muscles, bet better be safe than sorry and get checked and screened for all the above, because it's not a usual experience.
No, I don't usually have high blood pressure, but muscular tension could be.

-------------------------------------

I think I'll buy the "Crinacle Truthear Zero Red" as well, Armin's review is the reason (I was surprised by its performance), we should demand a similar level of detailed specifications from manufacturers. From now on I'll never buy an iem/headphones/speakers/etc without knowing their specifications in detail.

When I get the "7Hz Salnotes Zero" and the "Crinacle Zero Red" I will do more tests to compare, but I don't expect a drastic change either.

Last edited:
OP
O

otseiTiesto

... I can hear the sounds of my heartbeat, breathing, jaw and neck muscles, swallowing saliva, etc. ...

I have discovered how to get rid of a substantial part of the body noises:

1. Using foam tips or
2. filling the silicone ones with cotton (or similar) to get something similar to this:

Silicon-Foam.png

When I get the "7Hz Salnotes Zero" and the "Crinacle Zero Red" I will do more tests to compare, but I don't expect a drastic change either.

By the way I bought a Zero Red, but I'm not going to buy the "7Hz Salnotes Zero" ("Crinacle Zero Red" cable is much better).

Top Bottom