• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does anyone make a speaker selector with an app for digital volume control?

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've mentioned a need for this in other threads but here's a dedicated attempt.

In my house system I have a typical inline speaker level selector to turn on/off living room, kitchen and 2 pairs outside on decks. Currently I have the wiring in-wall so use speaker level volume controls for each zone. But that means I have to get up off my lazy ass to change individual zone volume. The speaker selector is connected to an amp that is a Roon endpoint so I can already control volume across all the zones together but it would be nice if I could do them individually and even better if it were a phone app. This way if the volume was turned up in the Roon app for listening in the living room it would blast out the kitchen as well.

Seems to me like it would be useful for lots of people who don't want separate amps/dacs/endpoints for spreading audio over their home. If it doesn't exist then maybe a good idea?

OP
DWPress

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They do, they do! It's been awhile since I last searched for one online and it looks like someone has done it:
Audioflow is based in the UK but has listings on Amazon here. $200 seems steep (4-way) but it fulfills all my needs. They make 2-way and 3-way boxes as well.

Any others out there?

edit: doesn't look like there is any volume control so I'm still looking for the ultimate device.

3S-4Z-Front-Straight-Audioflow.jpg

Top Bottom