• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac Live for Studio - 30% off - "Stereo" and "Multichannel" (sale ended)

OP
L

LD_

Definitely not often, if they've even had a sale before. However, you can use discount code "IVS10" for 10% off any time.
Can somebody please verify if this code (still) works?

My attempt, unfortunately, was unsuccessful.

theyellowspecial

Forum Donor
Can somebody please verify if this code (still) works?

My attempt, unfortunately, was unsuccessful.
Their checkout cart is buggy. If you use the code link here it will add the stereo version with 10% off, then you can add the multi-channel upgrade from Dirac's website and it will apply the 10% off to the upgrade as well.

Reactions: LD_

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
Most beta testers for any product sign up just to play around and never provide feedback but those that provide high-quality feedback and bug reports are worth their weight in gold.

yes and no
most competent beta versions of software come with data loggers that automatically send reports on a regular basis

Vasr

Major Contributor
yes and no
most competent beta versions of software come with data loggers that automatically send reports on a regular basis

There is some truth to that. Although not even close to a substitute for good beta testers but can supplement in production use. You can also get crash reports, etc., that intentional beta testing may not precipitate. "Competent" is a very loaded word that can be a very high bar.

However, this kind of telemetry is useful for monitoring types of activity for regularly used software to detect stumbling blocks, usage metrics, usage flow scenarios, etc., but not for infrequent (if not one-time) use of apps like the Dirac Live (as opposed to DLP). Also, it is difficult to get high quality UX feedback/suggestions from telemetry.

Besides, it takes a lot of time and effort to instrument the code for useful telemetry and worth the effort only when the app is likely to be used continuously by the users, frequently updated to test changes and the data collection useful beyond the beta period. I doubt very much from what I have seen of Dirac software quality that any such useful instrumentation is done. Even the initial license check at every startup had issues.

Not exactly a daily use App Store app this one.

respice finem

Major Contributor
Question before even trying: In my understanding if you don't operate a DAW, the DIRAC equalization is system-wide in Windows? If so, can it be quickly switched on/off?

My use case would be to use "DIRAC live for studio" for my HTPC, to fine-tune the FR of my monitors. Output via USB to RME ADI2-DAC. So far so simple, but the HTPC is also one of the sources for a completely separate 5.1.2 system (via HDMI) and (via the RME) for headphones. Obviously, I want the DIRAC correction only for the monitors, so I have to be able to switch it on/off.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Question before even trying: In my understanding if you don't operate a DAW, the DIRAC equalization is system-wide in Windows? If so, can it be quickly switched on/off?
It can be or it can be used as a VST plug-in. For the "standalone," yes, EQ is quickly switched on and off within the app window. Not quite as quickly but more decisively, the app can be turned on and off like any other program.

Top Bottom