• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Digital out from PC for true 4.1 (USB only) Help!

nick650

I need a way to have a 4.1 TRUE surround sound out from my PC. I currently use HDMI to a NANO AVR, receiver, but I'm seeing if there's a different possible avenue. (too much heat, far to large).

Solution: Was thinking some type of mixing software? - PC - topping DM7- amplifier (only powering the speakers) something like a NORD.

Looking for:
I would like surround capabilities for when I'm watching movies, and then to have stereo signal mirrored to the rear speakers for audio/ games (Hate me if you want). This is where things get tricky since I want surround sound, and having a hard time knowing what works.

I also need some type of DSP software to correct for room issues (I'm currently using a nano AVR with REW and I can use the software/ do proper room measurements/ EQ tweaks) and that has worked decently. I wouldn't mind finding some type of FIR/ automated device to make corrections easier/ better. I was thinking of using a HELIX DSP from a car, but I realize that it doesn't have surround sound capabilities that I want .

Thank you for looking this over.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Equalizer APO can do all of that I think.
Room correction, channel mapping, multiple profiles for switching between Stereo and Surround.

OP
N

nick650

Any other ones? I don't mind paying for it either.

Top Bottom