• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Design Acoustics PS-10a Speakers

I bought a pair of PS-10a speakers and I’m trying to figure out when they were made. The 2nd pic shows: ps10a 17445 on a sticker. They have brown cloth covers with no insignia/labels.

I have a question about this knob adjustment on the front which I cannot find on other models. What does it adjust / change?

I have a pair of KN3000A’s and now these DA ps-10A’s … what is the A for? Acoustics?

Attachments

• IMG_1159.jpeg
    IMG_1159.jpeg
    417.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1164.jpeg
    IMG_1164.jpeg
    355.1 KB · Views: 72

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I bought a pair of PS-10a speakers and I’m trying to figure out when they were made. The 2nd pic shows: ps10a 17445 on a sticker. They have brown cloth covers with no insignia/labels.

I have a question about this knob adjustment on the front which I cannot find on other models. What does it adjust / change?

I have a pair of KN3000A’s and now these DA ps-10A’s … what is the A for? Acoustics?

The knob alters the output level of the tweeter. Best guess is the A may be for Audio Technica. Design Acoustics was acquired by AT and maybe they had some need to track new stock vs old. Owned some DA-10s in the past but not these.

Top Bottom