• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Desicant saves the day

Barrelhouse Solly

I made the mistake of running one of my TempoTec dongles through the wash. I found it when I was moving the load to the dryer. I thought about the container of rice but then it hit me. I had a small bottle of desiccant that I used to use with my hearing aids before I got rechargeable ones. The desiccant was active so I put the dongle in the jar for about 36 hours. I fired up an old phone I no longer use and played some audio into a cheap set of earbuds. Everything worked fine. I'm relieved.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Good deal, regular rice doesn't do anything more than leaving it out on the counter. It's instant rice or oatmeal that works 5 times faster. They crack the husk in processing and it's also why it cooks much faster, since it absorbs moisture much better.

Top Bottom