• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Deciding between FiiO K11 and SMSL M300 SE

Mysterybug009

Hey need to pick a dac with digital optical input and headphones jack out. These two seem good value around 120 euros, I saw in a post the SMSL M300 SE have a popping sound, didn't find anything about the K11's

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I had the M300SE a few times and didn't notice the popping. There was an update to the firmware and all the new ones should have it, probably fixed it. The 4.4mm balanced out is pretty good, the 3.5mm is limited though. The hardest to drive headphones I could get good volume is the Hifiman HE5xx and it sounded really good. The DL200 I have now is substantially better on the headphone amp, but it takes up a lot of desk space. Hook that up to a Sabaj A20h and you have an excellent setup for more power down the road if needed on a low budget. The black M300SE really looks cool with it.

Top Bottom