• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dear audio, gamer and music friends i need some help

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Iam crazy i know, but who knows more about this song?

Who made it? Whats the musik stile called. Is there more out there like this?

Is it from a band? Whats the name of the band?

I would enjoy every information i can get!

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Looks like some type of game. Here is a link to more information. Access at your own risk.

OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor

Katji

Major Contributor
Beats like instrumental hip-hop beats. Very lo-fi'd. Actually the beat sounds...is very close to some Kruder & Dorfmeister track. (Comes to mind because I noticed it in some mix I sampled today.) .
... 3:34 still the same - beats predominant, but now synth blues guitar over the plain EDM synth pads sound.
...So... instrumental hip-hop beats, but very lo-fi (which usually means Deep House - I think there's a wiki)........... problem is, game soundtrack influenced is not enough, they range from synthpop to hip-hop beats to metal rock.

OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Beats like instrumental hip-hop beats. Very lo-fi'd. Actually the beat sounds...is very close to some Kruder & Dorfmeister track. (Comes to mind because I noticed it in some mix I sampled today.) .
... 3:34 still the same - beats predominant, but now synth blues guitar over the plain EDM synth pads sound.
...So... instrumental hip-hop beats, but very lo-fi (which usually means Deep House - I think there's a wiki)........... problem is, game soundtrack influenced is not enough, they range from synthpop to hip-hop beats to metal rock.

What do you think? Was this just a programmer that did come up with this song? Hard for me to belive.

OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I mean there should be more there out like this, for me its somehow genious.

Katji

Major Contributor
Matthias Le Bidan - Google Search

Other game listed is 'Pathological' - the intro is similar /same sort of thing.

Find him and ask him - for suggestions/playlist, but he probably listens to other sort of music.

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
Kruder & Dorfmeister [and something else in mind i can't remember the name] is categorised as Chill-hop but of course it's not simple/minimal like this.
Same time period, btw - 2001-2002.

What do you think? Was this just a programmer that did come up with this song?
Yes, you can get the beats tracks, free packs, then just a few synth samples/tracks added... :) and adjustments. FL Studio (formerly Fruity Loops, people still use it, cracked versions.) Or LMMS, which I have installed, played with a few years ago.

.....But this other track [ frozen mainzik 2p (XM) ] is breaks/breakbeats beats.

Katji

Major Contributor
I listened again - the beats is definitely from a K&D track, probably been used by many people.

One of the tracks youtube suggested/related ... now I know that video games is a major influence in the [Future Beats] /neoSoul/R&B I listen to every day, SOULECTION radio mixes. I never knew. :rolleyes: :)

Last edited:
OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Matthias Le Bidan - Google Search

Other game listed is 'Pathological' - the intro is similar /same sort of thing.

Find him and ask him - for suggestions/playlist, but he probably listens to other sort of music.

Thx, so much!

How did he come up with this peace of music?? What was the influence? Crazy peace of shit, for me.

uhhps sry missed while i was writing.

OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Its somehow complicated but has this easy flow.

When i listen to it, i see relaxed beach live.

OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Today i let the music just random playing, and then i was relaxed at the beach. Some kind of quantum correlation with me and a nice beach situation just happend, driven by this song. ;)

Katji

Major Contributor
[ Just now in... ]

"This article is part of Resident Advisor's technology month, dedicated to coverage at the crossroads of electronic music and future-forward innovation throughout the month of June.

After years of the pandemic, artists and DJ collectives are harnessing the power of online gaming in ways that would have previously been unthinkable. Beyond in-person parties and social media, now it's common to see artists livestream their sets or host Discord servers to engage with fans. Real punters dance alongside virtual avatars in IRL clubs, while virtual reality elements bring a touch of cyberspace to the dance floor.

Many early adopters of this technology within electronic music are terminally online kids who
grew up playing video games in their bedrooms, hanging out with internet friends long before they met AFK (Away From Keyboard). Affiliated with hyperpop-adjacent, underground clubbing communities, their music is a manic amalgamation of remix culture; it draws on a pummelling array of stylistic elements that spans everything from bubblegum pop and Eurohouse to speedcore, breakcore and gabber. "[Discord] makes me find other weirdos that I want to go dancing with," says Sam Rolfes, DJ and digital performance artist, "I end up playing online games with many of them, too."

[...]
But the effect of online gaming on club culture goes beyond bolstering the experience of the night itself. Messaging apps like Discord, which started out as a way for gamers to connect with each other, are staples within electronic music scenes. For example, Nocturne, an internet-born group founded in 2020, initially started as a series of online parties before blossoming into a full-blown community that connects international subcultures via social content and Discord servers, where artists interact directly with fans, sharing exclusive demos and BTS content. "It's a super fan club where everyone is able to be creative and support each other," they explain. "We have artists with 100k followers engaging with and supporting artists with 500 followers on the server..

'Late Capitalism Fantasyland': On Gamifying the Online Club Experience https://ra.co/features/4011
Published 14 Jun 2022

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
Where is the nearest beach resort place? :) Bulgaria? Croatia? Maybe you could go on vacation. :)

OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor
There is that beat, and i think i did hear something similar in some jazz music.

OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Wish i would know what him inspired. This comes not out of nothing.

Katji

Major Contributor
[ googling, any presence on Discords... ...no...]

Fasttracker II clone https://download.tuxfamily.org/sdtraces/BottinHTML/Bottin_D-J_files/Fasttracker_II_clone-15522.html

A libre and multi-platform clone of the eponymous tracker (version 2 published in 1994, originally in Pascal, by the demogroup Triton), a popular musical sequencer (at the origin of the XM file format) on the demo scene, originally developed for PC-compatible (equipped with Sound Blaster and Gravis Ultrasound sound cards). The goal is to reproduce its operation while adding features and corrections. It also plays standard 4-channel MOD files, and extended files with 6 or 8 channels.
[...]
Professional usage

Video game developer Nicklas Nygren used Fast Tracker 2 in his early works (e.g. Knytt Stories) to compose the video game music. Demoscener and video game soundtrack composer Matthias Le Bidan used FT2 for the music of the Free and open source video games Frozen Bubble and Pathological. The FT2 based soundtrack of Frozen Bubble won The Linux Game Tome's Best Sound/Music Award in 2003.

1655228460539.png

OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Where is the nearest beach resort place? :) Bulgaria? Croatia? Maybe you could go on vacation.
[ googling, any presence on Discords... ...no...]

Fasttracker II clone https://download.tuxfamily.org/sdtraces/BottinHTML/Bottin_D-J_files/Fasttracker_II_clone-15522.html

A libre and multi-platform clone of the eponymous tracker (version 2 published in 1994, originally in Pascal, by the demogroup Triton), a popular musical sequencer (at the origin of the XM file format) on the demo scene, originally developed for PC-compatible (equipped with Sound Blaster and Gravis Ultrasound sound cards). The goal is to reproduce its operation while adding features and corrections. It also plays standard 4-channel MOD files, and extended files with 6 or 8 channels.
[...]
Professional usage

Video game developer Nicklas Nygren used Fast Tracker 2 in his early works (e.g. Knytt Stories) to compose the video game music. Demoscener and video game soundtrack composer Matthias Le Bidan used FT2 for the music of the Free and open source video games Frozen Bubble and Pathological. The FT2 based soundtrack of Frozen Bubble won The Linux Game Tome's Best Sound/Music Award in 2003.

View attachment 212732

At least it wone a award so my taste can not be that bad. ;)

Top Bottom