• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC / AMP for Sennheiser or Audio Technica

Super-Pello

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the various posts for a few days now and I'm writing this first message to you.

I would like help with my sedentary installation. I'm looking for an AMP + DAC or AMP/DAC to power headphones like Sennheiser HD800S or large Audio Technica models.

I love music and I spend hours on it every day. I have already invested a little and today I would really like to take it to the next level, starting with the only thing I don't have yet: an AMP/DAC or AMP + DAC. I saw the schiit and topping brand on the forum but maybe there are other models? And which model suits me best?

If you also have an opinion to give me on a helmet with a maximum of detail of the good midrange and treble but not too much bass.

I have already tested several helmets to form an opinion:

- Meze 99: it doesn't appeal to me either, there's too much bass for me, tiring.
- Beyerdynamic DT880: no more.
- Audeze: no more (All models)
- Grado: no more. (All models)
- Focal: Good but too much bass. (All models)
- AKG 702: Medium.
- Audio Technica ATX50: Too much bass.
- Audio Technica MSR7B: VERY VERY GOOD!
- Sennheiser HD 660S: Medium.
- Sennheiser HD800S: VERY VERY GOOD!

My current equipment:

- AKG 702
- Audio Technica MSR7
- Astell & Kern SR25
- Qobuz
- MacBooks

Thank you in advance for your help and hope I didn't make too many mistakes in my explanation.

Have a good evening

ClosDeLaRoche

I like the JDS Atom DAC & Amp combo. I used to have the schiit stack but the volume knob on my magni was scratchy. My JDS Atom volume knob is perfect.

Have you tried Dan Clark Audio headphones? I love my Ether Flow.

Top Bottom