• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

D50s vs. Sanskrit 10th MkII

kouki_monster

Other than the bluetooth, is there any reason to go with the TOPPING D50s instead of the S.M.S.L Sanskrit 10th MkII (v2)? What is the benefit of the two DAC chips in the D50s? I like the nice screen on the D50s but have no need for bluetooth.. Talk me out of (or in to lol) wanting the D50s because I probably don't need it, but dang I just like it. :p

Cheers

OP
K

kouki_monster

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and splurged on the TOPPING D50s from Apos Audio.

I can't say enough about the great service thus-far from CJ @ Apos.

I hope that this little DAC will be sufficient in my 2 ch. speaker music listening setup for many years to come.

Cheers

Illtrick

Second that comment about Apos's service.

Erez-C137

Asked them if they could do the price match, said they can't. Guess I'll wait for my D50s from Drop.

Illtrick

I just returned my D50s and kept the E30. Though the drop deal is amazing for that dac.

Erez-C137

I would definitely go for the E30 if not for the akm pop issue with active speakers. (Will be plugged into my T5V's)

Illtrick

I use mine with a power amp and have the pop but it's really subtle now that I'm using gapless playback. For sure I wish it wasn't a thing. I personally found the bluetooth behavior (always on rather than only when source selected) infuriating so I exchanged a small pop to get rid of a bad bluetooth control.

Top Bottom