• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cornwall 4 speakers - 6 feet apart to far?

dman777

I am trying to plan ahead for ordering Cornwall 4 speakers. Would setting them 6 feet apart be to much? I think I would be listening to them about 10 feet away (my couch). Also, since these are directional speakers... assuming the couch (normal 3 person size) is in the middle of the speakers being 6 feet apart, would a chair on the side of the couch be out of the projected soundstage of the speakers?

AudiOhm

There is no right/wrong placement, it all depends on room size, seating position, room treatment, etc.

Place them where you think they will sound best, then move them around until YOU like the sound, now you have the correct placement.

I have moved my speakers around a lot, each time I moved them I thought they sounded better.

They are back where I started, who new...

Ohms

Last edited:

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
I am trying to plan ahead for ordering Cornwall 4 speakers. Would setting them 6 feet apart be to much? I think I would be listening to them about 10 feet away (my couch). Also, since these are directional speakers... assuming the couch (normal 3 person size) is in the middle of the speakers being 6 feet apart, would a chair on the side of the couch be out of the projected soundstage of the speakers?
If you can get to an equilateral triangle, that's the optimum arrangement (as per standards for listening rooms). Given your arrangement, if anything, the speakers are too close together.

Top Bottom