• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Connecting Tablet to DSP via Optical

jacharya

I am planning out a new car audio system and learning a ton as I did not know how complicated it could get. I have always just had factory systems. I am hoping to output an audio signal via my Samsung S9 Ultra tablet to an Audo Arc Blackbird DSP Amp. Basically, forgo a head unit altogether. The DSP amp has an SPDIF input. My question is is there a recommended USB-C to SPDIF cable to use? I saw this converter on Amazon, but not clear if I need something more robust.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
I'd expect that converter to work... It says it doesn't need drivers so that means it's class compliant and it uses the drivers supplied with the operating system. ...As long as a regular USB soundcard works with the tablet, that thing should work.

Amazon, but not clear if I need something more robust.
I don't really trust stuff from unknown Amazon suppliers/manufacturers (or eBay or AliExpress, etc.) but personally, I'd take the $20 gamble. ;)

Top Bottom