• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Comparative T1-Verum One MK2-AKG701

Leeder

Hello everyone,
It is the first time that I write in this forum and I want to share my experience in the comparison of my 3 headphones (although I have 2 more but they are bluetooth and do not enter here).
I own a Verum One Mk2, Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen and AKG 701 and I listen to a variety of music although rock is more predominant than other genres. I move these headphones with RME Adi 2Dac fs and comparing them with each other I come to the following conclusion. The sharpest and most transparent are the Verum, the ones with the most soundstage are the 701 (which I love) and the T1 are the most balanced (although not as sharp as the Verum). The 701 lacks bass especially compared to the T1 and does not reach the sound quality of either of the other two when compared in detail. As for comfort, for me the 701 wins by a lot. The ideal headphone for me would be one that had the soundstage of the 701 or even greater, the clarity of the Verum, and the frequency balance of the T1. When I bought the T1 I tried several headphones like the Hifiman Arya, Audio Techica Ath-Adx-5000 and Focal Stellia, powered by a Naim dac/amp and I liked none more than the T1.
I also previously bought some Denon AH-D 9200 and although they sounded good I didn't like that the sound was so concentrated, so I sold them. The following question arises, what is the headphone with a great soundstage, good separation of instruments and clarity of sound that could improve what I have?
I await your comments.
Greetings.

Dazerdoreal

As you like the comfort and the soundstage, have you tried to equalize the 701?

OP
L

Leeder

As for equalizing the 701, I've tried it with my Adi2 dac, but I don't think you can get much more out of what's there, especially in terms of transparency and sound cleanliness. However, I find them very comfortable and with the best sound scene. As for the Meze 109, I don't know it and I don't know if it would have that sound scene that I like so much.

kekus

You can try the K701 bass mod (link). I did it and took my K701 to a new level.
I have them for 13 years (wow time flies, feels like I got them yesterday), did the mod last year, to me they sound simply great with 0 need to upgrade.

Top Bottom