• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cheap speakers for back channels in 7.1

kostrzew

Hi
I'm looking to complete my 7.1 setup with rear speakers. I want to do it on the budget, but not to buy total garbage.
In my region, I found this options (prices converted to USD):
- Dayton Audio B452 4-1/2" $71
- Magnat Monitor Supreme 102 $105
- Taga Harmony TAV-606S v.3 $118
- Taga Harmony TAV-S $114
- Canton Plus GX.3 $114
- WILSON Raptor 1 $95
- Magnat Monitor S10 B $118
- Magnat Monitor S10 D (dipole) $137

Preferably, I want to spend less than $100 on a new pair, but the used market in my area is nonexistence.

Other option is building speakers myself, with higher budget and simple construction (full range drivers).
Speakers will be hanged in the wall behind me ~2,1m above the floor.

I'm looking for recommendations and opinions

OP
K

kostrzew

I live in Poland and they would cost me 160€. I can't find them in Germany for 130, but I can't speak German so...
However, they don't look bad.

OP
K

kostrzew

I found Klipsch R-41M for 156€ (but still, bit too much)

Doenerkunde

Hi
I'm looking to complete my 7.1 setup with rear speakers. I want to do it on the budget, but not to buy total garbage.
In my region, I found this options (prices converted to USD):
(...)
- Canton Plus GX.3 $114
Right now the Cantons sell for 49,37€/pair at Amazon Germany (2 pairs left), shipping to Poland is 5,99€.

Their bigger brother (Canton Plus GXL.3) has been tested here and Amir was not impressed with them, but I don´t know how this translates to the GX3 or how relevant that is considering your use case and price point:
EDIT: The GX.3 seems to use completely different drivers than the GXL.3, so who knows.

Last edited:
OP
K

kostrzew

Right now the Cantons sell for 49,37€/pair at Amazon Germany (2 pairs left), shipping to Poland is 5,99€.

Their bigger brother (Canton Plus GXL.3) has been tested here and Amir was not impressed with them, but I don´t know how this translates to the GX3 or how relevant that is considering your use case and price point:
EDIT: The GX.3 seems to use completely different drivers than the GXL.3, so who knows.
amazon.de gives me 80€/pair. But the price fluctuates between 50 and 80 regularly.
I'm leaning more for Dayton Audio B452, which I can get for 67€.

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
if you can get polk speakers in your area the t15 don't suck... i'm not sure how available they are these days

Bucking

OP
K

kostrzew

if you can get polk speakers in your area the t15 don't suck... i'm not sure how available they are these days
That would be 180 Euro. Definitely too much
It works, but delivery costs €40 (not sold directly by Amazon but another seller). In local shops they are for €165.

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That would be 180 Euro. Definitely too much

It works, but delivery costs €40 (not sold directly by Amazon but another seller). In local shops they are for €165.
yes , that is too much .. i got mine for about $50 as i recall ..very good at that price but i would't pay over about $80...

Top Bottom