• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Burson Soloist 3X Performance

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Those measurements of the Soloist certainly don’t bode well for the Conductor. I’m finally back in the market. I’ve just had a new SPL Phonitor X with DAC768xs shipped to Amir. Let’s see how it tests. I may still pop for a new Conductor 3X Reference. If neither tests at or near SOTA then I’ll just spring for the HPA4 and be done with it.

Martin

rmsanger

what XD headphone + sub? what
It's common for Raal SR1A owners to pair their Hps with a sub due to the extreme bass roll-off. I guess burson is trying to make HP + sub listening a thing for Susvara / HE6 / 1266 Phi TC owners. Will be interesting to see how it works together.

There is a gimmicky sub vest that goldensound reviewed a bit ago.

escalibur

Burson has just released a new 'Red' version and it looks like it costs 10x more than it does.

11699835.png

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Those measurements of the Soloist certainly don’t bode well for the Conductor. I’m finally back in the market. I’ve just had a new SPL Phonitor X with DAC768xs shipped to Amir. Let’s see how it tests. I may still pop for a new Conductor 3X Reference. If neither tests at or near SOTA then I’ll just spring for the HPA4 and be done with it.

Martin
Where did you finally end up in amp land Martin?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
it looks just amazing
In the unlikely event one ever gets hooked up to an analyser , I would wager a small amount it doesn't measure well in anything much except power output .

I don't mind the look of the silver Bursons but the red is IMO tacky .

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Where did you finally end up in amp land Martin?

I like having an out where it doesn’t cost me anything if the device doesn’t measure well and Burson has a 10% restocking fee, $214.40 for the Conductor 3X Reference. I could buy it at Headphones.com pay return shipping and pray they don’t tack on additional restocking fees. I just haven’t made the leap.

I am still heavily leaning toward the Benchmark HPA4 and just being done with it.

Martin

And as someone who likes red equipment I find that Burson “Red” version hideous. o_O

MalinYamato

Burson has just released a new 'Red' version and it looks like it costs 10x more than it does.

11699835.png

looks so lovely,,, I want to buy the cheaper amp and put those red knobs on it so it will look like this one -- I love that red! I is it possible to buy the red knob and the red stand separately?

MalinYamato

MalinYamato

I like having an out where it doesn’t cost me anything if the device doesn’t measure well and Burson has a 10% restocking fee, $214.40 for the Conductor 3X Reference. I could buy it at Headphones.com pay return shipping and pray they don’t tack on additional restocking fees. I just haven’t made the leap.

I am still heavily leaning toward the Benchmark HPA4 and just being done with it.

Martin

And as someone who likes red equipment I find that Burson “Red” version hideous. o_O
I love it, it is meant for ladies like me :)

escalibur

looks so lovely,,, I want to buy the cheaper amp and put those red knobs on it so it will look like this one -- I love that red! I is it possible to buy the red knob and the red stand separately?
I have forwarded your question to them, and here it is :)

MalinYamato

I am probably getting the Burson soloist 3X GT as an upgrade from Singxer SA-1... but I really hate to pay EUR 400 for a small power supply

Last edited:

Red@

I am probably getting the Burson soloist 3X GT .... but I really hate to pay EUR 400 for a small poser supply as an upgrade from Singxer SA-1
I would advise you to read more about alternatives before making your decision.
1- The soloist 3xp for example did not measure well at all. And the description of the product is very misleading.
2- The power supply for example is described as something that enhances the music (special qualities.... Lol), while we know that good dacs/amps are immune (signal quality wise) to the small variations of our home outlets. And they sell thoses accessories for a lot of money.

MalinYamato

I would advise you to read more about alternatives before making your decision.
1- The soloist 3xp for example did not measure well at all. And the description of the product is very misleading.
2- The power supply for example is described as something that enhances the music (special qualities.... Lol), while we know that good dacs/amps are immune (signal quality wise) to the small variations of our home outlets. And they sell thoses accessories for a lot of money.
thank you for your reply, I am thinking of buying the new Grand Turer GT version.

MalinYamato

Grand Theft Audio.
oh, oh, you don't like the amp -- What are the probs? I see one problem, I cannot hold it by one hand as I can with my Singxer because it is very heavy, 5 kg.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
oh, oh, you don't like the amp -- What are the probs? I see one problem, I cannot hold it by one hand as I can with my Singxer because it is very heavy, 5 kg.
Its price ($2500 I assume Australian $)

As others have pointed out, the performance of Burson amps isnt as good as something for that price should be - whether that is audible is a different story. Other than absolute power Im not aware of any specs that put this above any similar competition

Its insanely powerful but who needs that much? If its for Susvara or similar really look into how loud you actually listen and see what max power you actually need

This is the one that needs a fan? Which is just bizarre for a headamp

The weight is the least of your worries

MalinYamato

Its price ($2500 I assume Australian $)

As others have pointed out, the performance of Burson amps isnt as good as something for that price should be - whether that is audible is a different story. Other than absolute power Im not aware of any specs that put this above any similar competition

Its insanely powerful but who needs that much? If its for Susvara or similar really look into how loud you actually listen and see what max power you actually need

This is the one that needs a fan? Which is just bizarre for a headamp

The weight is the least of your worries
the reason I start to look for a better amp than what I have is that I tried my LCD-5 on a very high-end amp and my phone sounded better. I cannot afford that amp so I am trying to find a better amp than my SA-1 but near the amp I listened to. I like the color red and I am thinking of this as an alternative GS-X mini.
download (14).jpeg

Your suggestions are very much appreciated :)

Top Bottom