• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Blown channel b???

LemmyAK47

Not sure if this is the right forum...looking for a diagnosis...I have a technics sa-g89 integrated amp like an idiot I had exposed speaker connection..and
....well...so I looked blown fuse replaced it could nnected dpor and it or out an awful sounding..hum (?) Is it worth it to fix or have fixed?

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
If this is affecting any and all output channels, I'd think it's a power supply problem, e.g. a shorted rectifier diode. Then it would be a fairly cheap fix. Otherwise Technics gear was commonly using proprietary power amp hybrids that may very well be long out of production and not easy to get, and would likely have suffered in such an incident. All bets are off in that case.
.so I looked blown fuse replaced it could nnected dpor and it or out an awful sounding..hum (?)
One word: Proofreading.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@LemmyAK47 can you take a couple of pictures of the inside of the amp so we can see what this unit is? I attempted finding a service manual but no luck there.

Top Bottom