• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Biggest volume on in-ear headphones

Ciprian

Please help me find the most powerfull and with the biggest power on in ear headphones with no string (wireless/bluethooth). I like to hear loud music without disturbing my nighbours. Thank you. I would like to turn the volume down then download a volume amplifiler( wich never sounds good).

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
I can't answer your main question...

Thank you. I would like to turn the volume down then download a volume amplifiler( wich never sounds good).
I'm not sure I understand, but...

If you're talking about the usual Bluetooth "Air Pod" type with no receiver-box, then the analog amplifier is built into the in-ears and there is no analog volume adjustment. Most digital audio has normalized/maximized peaks so it can't be amplified digitally without clipping (distortion). It can only be attenuated.

...Most software equalization has a "preamp" option, which is normally used as an attenuator so you can boost the bass (or boost other frequencies) and then the "preamp" can bring the overall digital level back down to prevent clipping.

But like everything else, there is no theoretical limit to the analog amplification. You're limited by the batteries & built-in amplifier. And, the sensitivity of the actual transducers also affects loudness.

P.S.
I assume you know this, but you can damage your hearing with loud sounds, especially extended loud listening. And when you are getting clean-loud sound from in-ears or headphones, sometimes you don't realize how loud you're listening. If you take them out and you have temporary hearing loss or ringing in your ears, that's a sign that you're listening too loud.

If I'm hearing distortion I'll usually turn it down... But sometimes I get carried-away when it's loud & clean. ;)

Last edited:
OP
C

Ciprian

Thank you. I want to know wich are the most powerfull head phones (in ear wireless). I have now a jbl live pro 2 tws and i think they are not loud enough.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Thank you. I want to know wich are the most powerfull head phones (in ear wireless). I have now a jbl live pro 2 tws and i think they are not loud enough.
Afaik, max SPL is something that no IEM reviewer tests at the moment.
I think trial and error might be your best option.

Also, for heaven's sake please take care of your hearing.

Robin L

Master Contributor
Afaik, max SPL is something that no IEM reviewer tests at the moment.
I think trial and error might be your best option.

Also, for heaven's sake please take care of your hearing.
All it took to remove the top octave of my hearing was a single Neil Young concert in the late 1970s. Nobody was using sound attenuators for rock concerts back then. It's much easier to permanently damage your hearing than you might think.

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
Please help me find the most powerfull and with the biggest power on in ear headphones with no string (wireless/bluethooth). I like to hear loud music without disturbing my nighbours. Thank you. I would like to turn the volume down then download a volume amplifiler( wich never sounds good).
Non-wired speakers use built-in amplifiers in the earpieces with a battery. This battery often limits the maximum level you can have before distortion. Loud headphone playing may depend on a wire and headphone amplifier.

And as everyone says, don't listen too loud for long. I now have tinnitus, which may not be due to listening to loud music, but it's horrible to live with.

Top Bottom