• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

best way to connect both phono/dac to eq?

ksiv

Hello, first post here sorry if this is the wrong forum.

I'd like to add a Loki Mini+ 4 band eq into my system, because I like to roll off treble/bass on certain albums and my current amp doesn't have eq.

But I'm not sure if there's a way to get my phono and my dac both running through a device like this.

Do I have to buy 2 of them? Or is there another solution or product anyone can recommend?

Last edited:
OP
K

ksiv

After more research I've learned that some amps might be able to run this through the tape loop, essentially out of the amp and back into it. But for me I think I will have to just buy one for each chain because I'm using a Rega that doesn't have the loop

Yes, a tape loop would do it, or some amps have pre-out / main-in jacks on the back that let you insert a processor between the pre-amp and power amp stages.

If you’re using an external phono pre-amp (or one built into the turntable) you could also use something like the Schiit SYS to connect both sources to a single EQ.

Top Bottom