• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

best buy, target removing physical media, ie. blu-ray, music cd, dvd etc.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor

i suppose some of you already know this and expected this

where I am a lot of dedicated music media stores have closed down OR shifted emphasis to consumer electronics and the like...

ummm

this is a strange one...many of you guys are old enough to have seen cd dvd BR come about and gain traction and now we see its apparent death by streaming

with this i feel like buying some blu-rays just in case

i still see some independent music shops selling bulk auction CDs and DVDs and 'deceased estates' you know the drill and this is pot luck... ie. you will get a lot of worthless discs

BUT things like big time collector companies like Criterion *should* be still around.

For me I do have a few BRs... mainly music concerts... but this is the sad thing... I have more consoles and laptops and all-in-one systems with drives... ie. I have more physical DRIVES than I have discs... outside of Xbox and Sony games, of which I have piles.

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
This will not affect me, as I have not been to a BB in years.

I still buy physical media used from Amazon and eBay and Half Price Books. I buy particular editions of CDs that may not be available on streaming, desert island CDs, concert DVDs, and BRDs of certain great movies with great video or audio qualities.

The true shame will come when producers stop releasing physical media in the first place.

Top Bottom